Part 56

Your body says nothing, which is to say that Estarossa says nothing while he's wearing your body like a morphsuit. The thought makes you gag, but it seems that souls really can't puke. Hunter did a lot of shitty things to that body, but... You actually can't think of a human equivalent to what Estarossa is doing and you're not sure how to heal from a demon possessing your body. Something tells you that no amount of sage will stop your skin from bearing the scars from all that's happened and what's worse, most of the scars will be internal. His soul is permeating every single cell of your body and there's no way you can possibly clean out every trace of him.

But you're trying not to freak out. You need to get out of the jar and get your body back. What you don't need is yet another reason to hate Estarossa. You have too many already and you're not sure if his Commandment is still active while he's in your body.

Don't hate.

Don't hate.

Don't hate.

You can't not hate the guy.

You just can't.

Especially not when you look back at your body again.

Estarossa seems to be playing the frightened victim. Playing to Zeldris' kindness in an attempt to trick him into buying this bullshit hook, line, and sinker.

Your disgust mixes with rage. You start banging on the glass with your fists again, hoping that someone, anyone, will notice that your soul is not in your body. Tears fall freely from your eyes and you make no attempt to wipe them away. You're too focused on banging on the jar and trying to weaken it even a little bit.

Zeldris lifts your body and holds it close. If your soul had blood, you'd say the sight makes your blood boil. The sight makes your... ectoplasm boil? Can ectoplasm boil?

The Demon King is busy battling with Escanor, so he isn't there to shake the jar whenever you hit the sides or try to open the lid.

Shit, Zeldris is walking away!

You shoulder-check the side of the jar and it tips over. You kick and kick and kick at the lid. Crying out in frustration, you kick again. Galand jumps and swings his axe, shattering the jar. He makes a crass joke about women being unable to open jars without the help of a "big strong man," but he's clearly well-meaning so you smile and nod. Fresh tears sting your eyes and if it weren't for the spikes that appear to have grown on his body, you'd even hug him.

You don't see Zeldris.

He could be anywhere.

And the battlefield is filling with smoke.

The ground's covered in blood. You don't know whose blood it is and you don't want to find out. It's probably from a bunch of red demons, but you hate the possibility that the blood might belong to someone you care about.

And now you have to get away from thousands of demons who want to eat your soul and kill you so you can find Zeldris and your body. Thousands of enemy demons fighting only a few dozen gods and allied demons. You have no idea how to kick Estarossa out of your body.

But you have to try.

Now where did they go?