Part 55

You are now yourself again. You have no idea what's going on with your body or where it is. You're trying to remove the lid from the jar as quietly as possible, but the Demon King is onto you and he moves the jar with his foot every time you think you get close. The movement alerts the guards and they reseal your glass prison.

Maybe you can break the glass?

You start rocking the jar back and forth by moving from side to side. It seems to be working.

Dammit.

The Demon King lifts the jar as soon as he hears what you're doing. Rather than look at him, you look at Estarossa and...

Oh shit.

Is that your body?

How is it moving without your soul in it?

You gag.

Your body is covered in blood and bruises.

And it's naked.

Which means Estarossa could have...

No.

You won't think about it.

You can't.

At least not if you want to keep the jar from smelling like ectoplasmic vomit.

You watch in mute horror as your body is tied down onto a stone slab. Something inky comes out of your body. Estarossa turns his head to look at you, flashes a grin full of cruelty and... Where'd he go?

Your body starts screaming.

No.

NO!!!!!!!

You dry heave.

Estarossa is...

He's...

You make a disgusted noise.

His soul is inside your body. Controlling it.

Some kind of lightning bolt strikes your head and suddenly you can hear everything your body is hearing.

The screaming.

The sounds of the battle.

And then you see him.

Zeldris came for you.

He's heading towards your body.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, noooooooo.

Your voice asks Zeldris not to hurt you.

Fuck that's creepy.

He looks heartbroken.

He starts undoing the bonds tying your body to the slab. He's whispering to you.

"It's okay."

"You'll be alright."

"I'm getting you out of here."

His voice is so gentle. You cry.

"I love you. I won't let anyone hurt you again."

You cry harder, knowing that while you can hear him he can't hear the real you. Knowing that he's saying that to your body and to Estarossa who's pretending to be you.

"I love you, too," you whisper. Your voice breaks.