Part 17

You suspect you're dreaming since you're clearly not in your apartment. The raging fire, scent of sulphur, and shrieks of the damned and tortured souls give you a pretty good indication of where you are. 

Hell. 

And not the slightly more pleasant but no-less-terrifying Norse Helheim. No. It's a full-on Christian Dante's Inferno kind of Hell that so many internet Christians had warned awaited Pagans like yourself if they didn't repent and convert.

You would be scared to end up here if you didn't already have a sweet setup with some of your gods and goddesses. You are, however, scared to be here even if you know you won't come here when you die. This isn't the Underworld or Netherworld you're used to dealing with. Cerberus doesn't greet you at the gate, waiting for pets and kisses. You don't get to fistbump Anubis, high-five a Valkyrie, or go over Kispu plans with Ereshkigal for the new moon. Instead, gods and goddesses you had interacted with from several pantheons had gathered and were speaking with Zeldris' father.

In what looks like a type of hologram, Persephone speaks to Zeldris' father. She does not look amused. As Zeldris' father, the apparent ruler of this land, taunts her more for not being able to attend this meeting in person due to her mother's seasonal control of her whereabouts, you watch in mute horror as Persephone's face takes on a look you never want to be on the receiving end of. If looks could kill, well...

It seems the Demon King is momentarily reconsidering his disrespect, but decides instead to turn to Hades.

"Control your woman, Hades."

Hades says nothing but you catch a slight smirk on his face as Persephone appears to warp into this hellscape, kiss Hades, slap the Demon King, and leave. A huge red mark is left on the Demon King's face. Hades remains silent but politely hides his smile.

"Come now," says Hecate, "can't we remain civil long enough to carry on this discussion?"

Hecate, clad in silver and appearing in her youngest form, fixes her hypnotic eyes that resemble a pair of purple glow sticks on you. She raises a finger to her lips and turns back to the matter the gods were discussing. She's given you permission to watch, and warned you to keep yourself hidden, without saying a word.

Ereshkigal's lions bump her legs as she speaks, "I think we can all agree Zeldris won't go for the so-called options you've presented."

A valkyrie, no doubt sent in Odin's stead, speaks next. "It was cruel to hurt y/n like that. This isn't her fault."

Anubis nods but says nothing.

The Demon King sneers, "of course it's not the human's fault. It's my stubborn son's. What would you have me do? Kill my heir?"

Hecate raises an eyebrow, "you know very well you could release the spell easily enough. Is it pride that stops you from doing it?"

Something touches your shoulder lightly and it makes you jump.