Part 48

You're yourself again. That is to say you're y/n again. You seem to be in the Demon Realm and you can't move. Estarossa hasn't hurt you... yet. But you know it's coming. You didn't hate him before, or maybe you didn't have time to process all the awful things he put you through, but now you can't stand to look at him.

You're afraid.

You're afraid of him.

Afraid of what he has done.

Afraid of what he will do.

Being near him makes you feel sick.

But you're frozen where you stand.

You hate that he makes you feel so small.

You hate that he hurt you.

That he violated the safety of your apartment by bringing Hunter into it after you moved multiple times just to get away from him.

You hate that your fragile human heart has turned fear into hatred.

You hate that, even now, there is still fear in your heart.

You want to reach for the Agony Matrix. It's so close. Just in your pocket. You could render him incapable of hurting you.

But what's the point?

Even if you could use the Agony Matrix, which you can't, you'd still be frozen in place as long as he's around.

Not to mention he'd kill you the second he found a way to get out of the device's grasp.

You can barely breathe.

He hasn't done anything. Maybe he's stuck, too? His hand is still on your throat and you can feel his cool breath on the back of your neck. You hate it.

The waiting.

You're shaking.

Someone clears their throat. You can't turn to see who it is. Estarossa removes his hand from your throat.

"Did your mother send you, Circe?"

There's something dangerous in Estarossa's voice.

"There's no need to be such a swine, Estarossa, especially not to one of my mother's humans."

Maybe it's the stress, but the pun makes you giggle, although your eyes are full of tears.

And then you're on the ground.

And your head hurts.

You can hear a woman's voice yelling and a tapestry of magical energy fills the space above you. Circe has your back. She'll protect you.

Your vision fades.