Part 23 (TW: Torture)

Estarossa, apparently noticing the sudden silence, walks in and flashes what seems to be a genuine smile at you as he takes Hunter's soul and eats it.

He opens your closet and after a moment he tosses you a shirt and a pair of black underwear. You put the clothes on.

Estarossa roots around for something else.

He turns around holding your wand and walks over to you. You flinch and weakly try to move his hands away as he lifts your shirt and presses the quartz tip of your willow wand against your open wound. When your wound is healed, he puts the wand on your dresser and picks you up. You struggle as he carries you into the living room and sets you down on the floor. He pulls something out of his pocket and takes a knee.

"Now that you're healed," he says, his face taking on the sadistic smile he wore when he first showed up, "the real fun can begin." He holds up the object, "you might recognize this device from DC movies if you're a nerd. Someone from the demon realm gave the idea to Bruce Timm in a dream, but I assure you this supposedly fictional device is very very real. Are you familiar with the Agony Matrix?"

You aren't, but it sounds painful. You try to push yourself away from Estarossa, but his heavy boot is on your skirt so you can't get very far.

Estarossa runs his hand part of the way through your hair before closing his hand into a fist and pulling, "imagine every pain receptor in your body being activated at once, and you've got the Agony Matrix. Now, then..."

He presses a button and some kind of energy surrounds you.

Somewhere, a woman screams.

You've never given it much thought, but if you had to guess how being burned alive felt, this would be it.

Estarossa still has hold of your hair and he seems to be saying something but you can't hear him.

Along with your voice, every nerve in your body is screaming.

Estarossa lets go and takes a seat on your couch.

You curl up on the floor and hope you die quickly as your futile screaming dies in your throat and turns into tearful whimpers. The energy field dances across your skin, giving the sensation of searing your flesh as it does so.