Pretend

: Chased by a random guy, the only thing to do is to pretend to be with a boy I've just met.

It was about 7pm in the evening and I was walking down the streets of L.A.

I turned to the next street while walking. I have no phone and money since I left my phone in my apartment.

While walking, I can't help but feel that there is someone following me.

I looked back from my shoulder but I didn't see anyone. So I just continued walking.

I made my way to this street that doesn't have any lights on. The light bulbs in the lamp posts are mostly broken and some of it are flickering.

When I turned my way, a hand held my wrist which I tried to pull back. Then I saw a guy, not my age. Looks a lot more older than me. Has gray hair and beard hanging on his chin.

"What's a lady like you doing in these streets at this time of the night?" The old guy asked me. Still holding my wrist. I could feel that he is drunk. Because of the way the alcohol smells while he talked.

I tried to pull back once again but I can't. His grip is too strong for me to handle.

"What are you doing baby girl? I thought you want this?" The guy whispered to my ear. "Get off me." I shouted at him while catching my breath.

Without hesitation, I stomped on his feet and kicked his balls which led him to letting go of my hand.

"You'll pay for this, baby girl." The guy shouted while I run as fast as I can away from the drunk guy.

I ran as fast as I can to lose the guy. But even if you can't see his figure anymore, I can still hear him shouting and maybe even trying to catch up to me.

As I made my way through the streets, I found this little coffee shop where there are only few people inside.

I made my way to the coffee shop and I looked back a little. I saw the shadow of the drunk guy coming closer.

As I'm almost on the coffee shop, a boy about my age exited the coffee shop. Holding a drink which he bought inside the shop.

He had brown eyes, and brown hair. He is wearing a black t-shirt, black pants, and a checkered vans on the right and white shoes with laces on the left.

As I was running, I caught the boys attention who was now looking at me in disbelief. I took the opportunity to talk to him.

"Hi, my name is Y/n Y/l/n and I was hoping that you can help me." I said catching my breath. The boy just nodded.

"There's this guy following me. I think he's drunk and he won't stop chasing me. I don't know what he wants, but please jus- just can you pretend that you're with me so he can stop? Please?" I pleaded as the boy said "okay."

The drunk guy came running to the coffee shop. And when I saw the guy, I began breathing heavy. But the boy held my hand and squeezed it.

As the guy approached us, the boy is still holding my hand.

"Who are you and what are you doing with her?" The drunk guy asked the boy while looking at him.

The boy held my hand tighter and said "I am her boyfriend. And I'm the one who's suppose to ask you what are you doing with her?" The drunk guy scoffed at the boys words.

"Well whatever is it I'm doing I'm gonna need the girl back." The drunk guy said to the boy. "I'm afraid you can't do that." The boy said.

"Then what are you gonna do about it, huh?" The drunk guy asked. "I'll call the cops." The boy said.

A bit of fear came across the eyes of the drunk man and he began walking again. "I'll get you next time, baby girl." He shouted.

After that, I turned my head to the boy who helped me. "Thank you, thank you so much, if it wasn't for you then I wouldn't know what that guy will do to me."

"You're welcome." The boy said. "I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you." He added.

I felt my cheeks blush a bit by his words.

"Well, I guess I should get going." I said. "You're leaving?" The boy said shocked. "Yeah, I mean the guy's gone so I guess I shou-" "No, I won't let you leave with that guy still out there." He said cutting me off.

"I'll drive you home." the boy said. "Whether you say yes or no, because that guy may still be waiting for you. And I won't let you walk home."

"Okay, sure, if you insist." I said. "Let's go." The boy said while grabbing my hand.

The car ride home was silent. All we can hear was a bit of the radio playing and me telling the boy the directions.

When we reached the apartment, we stopped at my door. "Thank you once again." I said to the boy. "Don't mention it." The boy said.

The boy started to head back "wait." The boy looked at me confused. "I didn't get your name."

He turned back and gave me a warm smile. "My name's Zach. Zach Herron." He said. "Well I'm afraid my name's not the only one you're getting."
He said walking up to me.

He gave me a small paper. I looked at it then I realized it was his number. "Call me when you're in need of saving or just call me when you wanna hangout, maybe sometime?"

"Sure." I said as I smiled at him. "Well, okay, bye." he said waving his hands and smiling back. "Bye." I said after him.

I watched him as he got back to his car and drove out. I looked back at the small paper he gave me and smiled like a fool.