The Promise // Part three

The next day, the events that happened yesterday replayed in my head.

I can't believe it. I never would have imagine to see Zach again. The boy who took my heart and broke it.

As I was thinking of what happened, my phone began vibrating signaling that someone had texted.

When I checked to see who it is, I saw that it was Corbyn or one of Zach's band member.

'Hey you left so soon. I didn't even get to give you your money back.'

'Don't worry about it. It's only a few cash. Just forget about it.' I replied.

'No, I won't let you, I promised you that I will give it back. Then I will.'
'Meet me at this address.'

Then he replied an address that is not too far from my apartment.

'Okay.' I turned off my phone after that.

I called an Uber and I input the address on the location.

When I got to the location, I saw this massive house that is located up the cliff with a picturesque view.

I went to the front door and rang the door bell. A few minutes later, a guy with blue eyes opened the door.

"Um, can I help you?" He asked "I'm actually here for Corbyn."

"Corbyn? Oh yeah I'll go call him." He said. He was about to leave when he stopped and drawed his attention back to me.

"Oh, you can come in first while I call him." He said gesturing for me to come inside.

I nervously got inside and sat on the sofa. While I watch the boy go upstairs to call Corbyn.

Later on, Corbyn came running down the stairs. "Y/n I'm so glad you came!"

He was standing in front of me now smiling. "Oh and before I forget..." he said. He grabs his wallet from his pocket and got some cash.

"Here's your cash." He handed it to me. "But, wait this is more than what I asked you." I said confused. "Take it. Since I owe you a lot."

"Well then, thanks for the money. And bye." I started walking to the door when he stopped me.

"Wait. Before you go, a friend of mine wanted to talk to you."

"No." I said. "Pleaseeee." He said pleading. "Okay, but you only got five minutes."

He led me upstairs and told me to go to the room at the corner. I really didn't think I can do this. But I will since I didn't want Corbyn to be upset.

I went towards the door and stopped when I was in front of it.

Can I really do this? I can't afford to talk to him again after what happened in these last few years.

I knocked on the door three times and waited. I heard foot steps then the door opened.

There it is. It revealed the boy I still love. Zach.

I was so nervous that I didn't even say a word. I just stared at him for a couple of seconds.

Then I cleared my throat. "You wanted to talk to me?" I said bluntly.

I looked up at him and he looks like he's been.. crying? We've been friends since forever so I know what he's feeling.

He faced me with a sad emotion on his face. "Y/n, you don't know how much I missed you." He said embracing me.

I was shocked at first but then I hugged back. I miss this, I miss us.

When we let go of each other he told me to go inside his room for us to talk.
I hesitated at first but I eventually did what he said.

Once inside, he looked at me and looks down at the floor. By this time, my arms were crossed.

"Zach, give me one reason why you wanted to talk to me." I demanded.

"Look, Y/n, first of all I'm sorry." He began. "You're sorry?" I said.

"You know Zach, even if you're sorry it won't change anything. You're still yourself and you still don't care for me. I loved you and you didn't. You left me hanging there two years ago not even caring to say a word, and now your just saying sorry? You know how it hurts to see you happy with someone else? And me standing there waiting to be loved. Well heck, I don't even know but I think I still love you." I said as my voice cracks.

I couldn't take it anymore. As much as I don't want Zach to see me cry and show him that I'm vulnerable when it comes to him, I can't. I cried in front of him.

Without saying a word, he comes up to me and comforts me. "Shh, it's okay Y/n."

"You see Y/n, ever since the day that you confessed your feelings to me, I couldn't stop thinking about you. I even broke up with my girlfriend after that. Because I realize, that I was having these feelings for you too. They were just hiding inside me and they grew because of you. I know that I may be too late to say this but- I love you too. I'm sorry if I left you hanging these past years. It's just I'm not sure on what I felt at first. But know I am. And I'm sure that I am in love with this one person. And that person is you." He said kissing my forehead.

"You really mean that?" I asked him.

"I do. And this time, I will never, ever, leave you again. I promise."