Switched

: I bumped into a guy and I dropped my phone. It ended up being switched to his.

The weather today is beautiful. I stayed at Starbucks while reading my favourite book. Paper Towns.

As I finished my cappuccino, I stood up from my chair and left.

My phone began ringing as my mom started calling me.

"Hi mom, why are you calling me at this time of the day? Is there something wrong?"

"Oh I was just calling to let you know that your Aunt is visiting today. In fact she's already coming. So can you please come home now?" She asked.

"Sure thing mom. I'll be home in a bit."

I hung up my phone and began running and after a few more steps I suddenly bumped into someone.

"Ouch!" I say as I dropped my phone and looked at the person in front of me.

A pair of brown eyes met mine.

"Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry I was just texting my friends and I didn't see you so-" "It's okay." I said smiling at him.

"Are you sure? I mean I didn't hurt you didn't I?" He asked. "No. You didn't. Thank you for apologizing but I really need to go. So... bye." I grabbed my phone that was next to my shoe and I left in an instant.

What a nice boy. I turned around and saw him waving at me. So I waved back.

Zach's POV:
I arrived at our house as I saw Jack and Jonah waiting for me.

"So where is it?" Jack asked. "Where's what is?" I asked. "Come on Zach. You're suppose to buy us coffee right? Now, where is it?" Jack said.

"Ohhh. That's why I'm outside." I said.
"Forget it. I'll just buy my own coffee instead." Jack said at he left us.

"What happened Zach? Why did you forget to buy us our coffee?" Jonah asked as we sat together at the sofa.

"Well um.." "What?" He asked. "I mean I bumped into this girl earlier and I thought that she was cute. That's why I forgot your coffee and went straight home."

"Damn Zach. That girl's charm really got you." He said. I pushed him off the sofa as I laughed at him. "I was kidding!" He said as he sat back up.

"I'll call Jack and apologize for forgetting his coffee." I got my phone from my pocket and was about to call Jack.

"Wait. This isn't my phone." "Why who's phone is it?" Jonah asked. "It's the girl's phone. Oh shoot. She has my phone."

Y/n's POV:
I got inside of my house and I saw that my Aunt is already there taking to my Mom.

"Y/n. Where were you? I thought you said you'll be here early. I texted you and you weren't responding to my text." My mom said approaching me.

"I'm sorry mom. I did my best to get here early. But it's traffic. And besides my phone isn't vibrating so I didn't receive any of your tex-" I looked at the phone that I was holding and I realized it wasn't mine. My eyes widened at what I saw.

"Y/n. Why are you suddenly shocked at your phone?" Mom asked. "It- It's not my phone. It's the phone of the guy I bumped into."

Before my mom can say anything else, I ran up to my room.

What do I do? I don't even know who he is. And he might not even return my phone to me.

Someone called the guy's phone and I started to become nervous. Should I answer it or should I just leave it?

Without anymore hesitation, I answered the call.

"Hello." "Hello there. My name is Jonah. It's this phone that your using is yours?" He asked.

"No not actually." "Then who's phone is it?" He asked. "I bumped into a guy earlier and I think it's his."

"Good. Um we actually have your phone here too. So if you'd like to you can meet up with him to get your phone back. "

"Uh sure okay. Where actually?" I asked. "I'll text you the address. After this call. So I guess I should say bye."

"Uh okay bye." Then he hanged up.

A notification popped in the screen of the phone where an address is written.

I quickly went downstairs to go there but then my mom stopped me.

"Y/n. Where are you going? You haven't even said hello to your Aunt and now you're leaving again?"

"I'm sorry mom. I really need to go. I left my phone somewhere and I got to go get it before it gets lost." I said.

She looked at me with disbelief. "Okay I'll let you go. But promise me you'll be home after you get your phone."

"Thank you mom and I promise I'll be back before you know it."

I was suppose to grab an Uber to go to the address when I remembered that it wasn't my phone.

Dang it. I'll just walk instead.

After 30 minutes I arrived.

I rang the doorbell and waited. A tall guy with dark brown hair and bluish greenish eyes smiled at me.

"You must be the girl that I called." I noticed that he is the guy from the phone call based on his voice.

"Um yeah. I'm Y/n." I said extending my arms to him. "I'm Jonah. Nice to meet you Y/n."

He told me to go inside and asked me to wait in the living room.

He came back with a guy who is much smaller than him. And also the guy that I saw earlier.

"Y/n. I would like you to meet Zach. Zach, meet Y/n." Jonah said.

I didn't bother to say anything instead I smiled at him and waved. Him doing the same.

"I guess I'll leave you two then." Jonah said as he went upstairs.

Zach came closer as he looked me in my eyes.

"Hey. I didn't expect to see you again." He said chucking. "I'm sorry again. This would've never happen if I was more careful."

"It's fine Zach. I told you. You don't need to apologize." I said. "Oh, uh sure. Here's your phone." He handed me my phone and I handed him his.

"Thank you. But I guess I better get going. My mom's going to kill me if she finds out I'm not yet home."

I was about to leave when he stopped me. "Wait."

I looked at him confused. "Well, since we've switched our phones, why don't we switch our cellphone numbers too?"

He was waiting for my response while tapping his feet anxiously. A hint of red spreading across his cheeks.

"Sure why not?" I said as I smiled at him.

He gave me again his phone and I gave mine to him. We both input our cellphone number on each other's phone and returned out back.

He smiled after receiving his phone.

"Okay. I'll go now."

"Wait. I know that we've just met. But, can I drive you home instead? I promise I'll drive safely. " He said as he gave me a cheeky smile.

"Okay. Let's go?" I said as we walked towards his car.

We arrived my house and I thanked him. "I guess I'll see you some other time then?" He said.

"Yeah. Maybe we'll still talk." I said closing the door.

"Text me." He said as he rolled up the windows and left.

I entered the house and I saw my mom standing with crossed arms. "Who's that?"

"He's the guy I've switched phones with." I said as I smiled to myself.