The Promise // Part two

It has been two years since I confessed my feelings to Zach.

My mom and his mom are still close. Too bad it's not the same with the two of us.

I heard that he was in a band and something. Their family moved to a different country after Zach started his 'band'. But I didn't care at all. If he's happy, then I'm fine with it.

I am now going to college and I took this entrance exam at UCLA. And I'm glad that I did. Maybe it will help me to get over with Zach.

My parents agreed that I can go to L.A since I am big enough. And they know that I can take care of myself.

They also told me to accept it, in order for me to 'follow my dreams.'

And yeah, I did follow my dreams. I went to L.A and rented a small apartment near the university.

Done with fixing my stuff, I went out to grab something to eat.

As I was walking down the streets, I saw a large crowd full of girls screaming.

My eyes scanned on where they are going. And I figured they're going to the Staples Center.

Out of curiosity, I followed them. Then I saw what they are freaking out about. Some boy band were having a concert here in L.A.

I didn't quite get the name of the band but I just read what was written on the outside of the arena.

The group's name is Why Don't We? What the hell does that mean?

I just shrugged it off and left.

It took me hours on finding what to eat because I was being too picky at the restaurants here in L.A. And it's not the same from the food back in Texas.

Walking through the door, I was about to leave holding my take out and soft drink.

Opening the door was a struggle to me. Both of my hands are full.

But then a guy came running in and pushed the door towards me. My food scattered on the floor and my soft drink spilled.

"What the fu-" I said as I was about to curse the guy infront of me. I looked at the guy and saw a tall guy, blonde hair with matching green eyes.

But then he ran towards me. "Oh shoot, I'm really sorry, I'm really in a hurry and we have a concert and-"

"Concert?" I cut him off. "Yeah? I mean, Oh my gosh why did I say that? Now do you want an autograph?" The guy said.

"No, I don't want your autograph." I said annoyed. "I just want my food back."

"I'm sorry I don't have my wallet with me right now." The guy said. "I'm just here to call out our hungry front act."

He motioned for a guy feet away from us and said "Move, Eben! We're about to start!"

Then the other guy ran outside bringing his food with him.

"So, how are you going to pay this?" I asked him. "I can't but I can just bring you to the concert instead."

"What?" I asked. "I don't even know you."

"Then, just go to the concert instead and wait for me. So I can pay you when it's over." He said.

"Deal."

I went out with the guy and to the arena. Their concert was going to be held at the Staples Center so I figured he's one of the members of the band I saw earlier.

We went inside and he told one of the guards that I'm with him and I'm going to be standing at the V.I.P. area.

We introduced ourselves to each other and he also gave me his number in case he forgets to pay me back.

Which It didn't matter to me because I don't even know who these people are. I just went here to get the money he promised me.

I waited in the V.I.P. area for a couple of minutes and now, the concert was about to start.

A guy came in first singing as the front act. I knew that he was the hungry guy at the restaurant.

After his performance he started shouting, "Are you ready for Why Don't We?"

Everyone in the crowd screamed except for me.

Then the lights turned off.

The stage started to light up and showed an intro. The intro was full of silhouettes of boys walking side by side.

When a silhouette of a one member in the band came flashing on the screen, I couldn't help but feel that it seemed very familiar to me.

It's like I've seen it before.

The intro ended, and now five figures were standing on the stage with white light backgrounds behind them.

One started singing, then the other one, and after them the last boy who sang shocked me.

He was the boy I never thought I'd see again, the boy I thought that I will have a chance on, the boy I loved.

Zach Herron.

He looked completely different from the past few years we were each others best friends.

He grew taller, his hair grew longer, and most of all, he forgot me.

Tears started to form in my eyes. And later falls down on my cheeks

"Are you okay?" The girl next to me asked. "Yeah, I am. I'm just really happy that I got to watch the boys." I said and gave her a fake smile.

I left the V.I.P. section and went on my way. I think it was Zach's part because I saw him sing but I couldn't take it anymore.

As I was leaving, the singing stopped and I heard him say "Y/n?"

Hearing this, I looked back and saw him looking at me and all the other boys and some fans.

He remembered me.

I was now bawling my eyes out just by looking at him.

I ran to the nearest exit and left the arena.