Library

: My height is too short to reach a book on the shelf. That leads me to falling of a stool. But I was later on caught by a handsome guy.

It was late December, I was sitting on the couch doing nothing but just scrolling through my twitter and switching through three apps for about two hours.

Mom walked up at me from the kitchen. "Geez, Y/n can you make your vacation more productive and do something else than slacking off?" She said.

"There's nothing to do. And besides, I don't have anything planned." I said.
"Why don't you just go to the library or anywhere else to kill time."

"Uhhh, okay. I'll just go to library instead." I said groaning. I turned of the tv and got up.

I went to my room to change. I wore a white tank top together with my denim jacket, a dark blue high waist shorts, paired with my white Nike airs.

After changing, I got back downstairs. "Mom, I'm going to the library to read a book and some stuff." I said getting my car keys.

"Okay honey, it's good you listened to my advice." "Sure thing." I said as I went outside.

I'm now driving to the library. We have this huge library in our town with different varieties of books in there. And you can even find the history of our town.

I arrived at the library then I parked my car. I got inside and greeted the lady at the desk.

I couldn't decide which book I will read because I really don't have an idea what to read. Since Mom just forced me to go here.

I looked around the literary section and grabbed a book with poems on it.
I sat on a chair and read the book.

15 minutes later, the bell above the door rang meaning someone entered the library.

I got tired of reading poems, specifically romance poems. So I got up and looked for another book to read.

I went to the fantasy section and peeked for a book. Then there I saw, my favorite fantasy book. Harry Potter.

I already read the whole book series a lot of times but it was a long time ago. I couldn't even remember what happened in the first book.

Now there it is the first book of Harry Potter. The Philosopher's Stone.

I was about to get it but I couldn't since it was at the top of the shelf. And my short self can't reach it.

I took the chair that I was sitting on before and placed it next to the shelf. I removed my shoes and stepped on the chair.

I reached for the book but I still couldn't reach it. Right now I am on my tippy toes reaching for the book.

"Watch out!" A voice yells.

The chair was being wobbly. And after a few seconds, the chair falls down.

I closed my eyes and prepared for my hard landing but before my butt can touch the floor, someone picked me up.

I looked up and saw the most gorgeous guy I have ever seen.

He looked at me and smiled and I smiled at him nervously.

"Good thing I caught you." He says. "Well tha- thank you for that." I said stuttering.

I stood up and began to walk away from the guy before I embarrass myself even more. But then I remembered, I didn't get the book.

"Oh fuck." I mumbled to myself.

"What's wrong?" The boy then said following me. "Well since I fell off the chair I didn't get the chance to get that book." I said pointing at the book at the top shelf.

"I'll get it." He reached out the book without ease and gave it to me.

"Thank you."

"Harry Potter?" He asked. "Yeah, is there a problem?" I asked.

"No, nothing. You just reminded me of my friend, Jonah." He said smiling a bit. "Oh does he love Harry potter?" I asked him.

"Loves? Pfftt. He's obsessed with Harry Potter." He said. "Oh really?"

After talking about his friend, we talked for the next few hours.

I learned that his name is Zach and we have the same age. And I also learned that he didn't like books because he was too lazy to read.

After our conversation, we said our goodbyes. And my Mom was already texting me because I've been gone for hours.

"Hey.. do you mind if I?" He said trailing off. "Get your number?"

"Sure thing." I gave him my phone and he gave his to me. "Bye." I said running to the door. "Bye."

Who knew my Mom's advice would be the best.