0.8

Carmen's POV

Six apartments later and we decided on the one unfortunately in the middle of downtown LA. You may ask, why unfortunately? Well you see, the hotel we've been staying at is right down the street from this apartment and the amount of noise outside isn't very, how do I say this, pleasant. I've probably heard a police siren ten times in the three days I've been here.

Though the amount of noise isn't great, the space and pricing of this apartment is amazing. There's three rooms, two bathrooms, a full kitchen, dining room, and a living room.

Nicole and I had decided that we would need at least a three bedroom apartment, no matter how small each room is. However, the third room isn't for guest. Since I play violin and Nicole plays both viola and cello, we made an agreement to have the smallest room completely soundproofed, and become a practice room.

"Carmen, I really liked the apartment we choose." Nicole said with a big smile on her face.

"I know you begged me for five minutes straight using the 'it's cheaper' against me so I would say yes, but I'm still iffy on the noise situation." I said smiling purposely trying to annoy her.

"Oh shut up. You love me and we probably won't be there for the most part of the day once we settle down. Like, you already have a job and my audition for the LA Philharmonic is next Tuesday."

That's where me and Nicole we're different. She wanted to play more classical music and do what a normal violist or cellist would do and play in an orchestra. While me, my last year I decided I wanted to be in either the background of movies or songs since I felt those had more emotional connections for people.

"I know. We start moving tomorrow right?" I questioned because Monday through Friday I need to be at the studio at 9:30 and she said her audition is Tuesday. "Yes Carmen, tommorow we start moving. Try not to sleep through your alarm again." She said looking at me.

The UBER we called for finally arrived. Though the apartment is probably a fifteen minute walk Nicole was wearing heals and she said she wouldn't.

When at the hotel, Nicole decided to follow me into mine. "Bitch. What do you want? I need to pack my shit." I playfully asked since I know for a fact if Nicole doesn't start packing right now she will never start.

"Do you really think I forgot about this morning? I know you stayed up thinking and analyzing the shit out of your poor brain. Now tell me what it was about." She said sternly.

"It was nothing. Like you said I'm just over thinking, nothing new, and nothing special." I said. I mean technically I wasn't lying, nothing was special about it, but it's definitely something new to her.

"About what topic though. It's not school work so it's something that's happened here."

"a boy" I mumbled while starting to folding my clothes.

"WHAT!" She screamed and I swear the entire hotel heard her, "Who and why haven't I been told anything yet?" of course Nicole being Nicole has to know everything. It also doesn't help me that we're best friends. Meaning we're supposed to tell one another everything.

"Uhhh....search Calum Hood on your phone?" I said more as a question because I have no idea what will pop up if she does. Though she gave me a questioning face, she proceeded to search for the man that's been in my brain the past day and a half.

"Him? What's so special about him? And how do yo-WAIT! Aren't you working for 5 seconds of summer now?" I wasn't looking at her, but by the way she spoke I can tell she just now clicked an article on him and it answered her own question.

"Mhm" I said while nodding not wanting to face her since I was scared for what what she had to say next, I was already expecting the worst.

"Carmen. Your joking! H-He's hot as fuck and...awwwww you guys would be cute." She said in her girliest voice. I was not expecting that to be said and turned around with a face a pure shock.

"Huh? I was expecting you to bring you know...him up."

"Why would I do that? There completely different people and should not be compared to another." She confidently said. I was not expecting those words to come from her mouth and she started smirking when I wouldn't take the look of shock off my face.

She slowly walked towards me and placed her hand on my shoulder. "Carmen...as much as Justin has affected you. You can't let his stupid mistakes judge everyone. Calum probably isn't the same. Give him a chance." She said softly and then walked out of my hotel.

I thought her words over again. I said I'd give him a try, but the second I feel like shit is going to happen, there's no chance.

~~~~~~~~~~

Words: 855

Wow...so it felt so weird not writing this like a week later. But it feels reliving. I hope you enjoyed it!

#37 on the calumthomashood hashtag and over 100 reads! i love u all

Also i'd like the quickly point out that this is taking place like a week before thanksgiving if you want like a more in depth pov.

Comment/vote/share/add to library to keep updated!

Twitter: @ Lilianna5SOS
Insta: @ calsxbabylon

-Lily