1.8

Around 9pm I was looking for my phone everywhere so I could plug it into my charger. Though with my stupidity, it was already there. I looked at it and noticed multiple on multiple notifications for my social media. I don't use them much besides the occasional post; mainly just looking at what is going on around me.

I clicked on twitter and saw hateful words towards me and an article with Calum and I on the cover. Clicking on it, everything was misinterpreted and I saw Calum's tweet as well. He pulled something out of his ass obviously, but not lying all the way. The comments still hurt, but it felt better knowing Calum tried his best to defend me.

Before I knew what I was doing, my phone was on my ear with Calum on the other side of the phone.

"Hey Carmen I know exactly why you are calling I'm so sorry," Calum said right away. "I should have been more careful and paid attention to people around us when we walked in. We should of entered where I did when I came to pick you up on Monday instead of going through the front. Don't listen to what anyone says. They're delusional and don't know what they're talking about. You're strong and beautiful, okay? Don't forget that."

I was in shock hearing what he said. "The comments got to me at first when I read some, but I realized it was all stupid and there was no reason to worry," I told him. "There is no reason for you to be worrying what so ever either. I get you feel guilty, but it's completely fine."

"Are you sure?" he asked. Cal seriously cared and I wasn't used to all this; unless it's from Nicole.

"Yes Calum," I assured him. "Now get some rest. You have to be in the studio tomorrow."

"You aren't going?" he asked. I could practically hear his pout and I giggled a bit; yes, I giggled and it felt strange, but oddly nice.

"No it's my day off. Did you forget?" I was so amused. Maybe I'll go if he asked? Wait, no I can't do that.

"Yeah I forgot," he admitted. "Can I visit you after? I'm going to miss you." With that my eyes practically popped out. He was going to miss me? I can't be the special.

"Uh sure," I said. Even after the paparazzi after him today, I'm risking more articles by having him over tomorrow. Though he offered, so it wasn't my idea.

"Okay I'll see you tomorrow, bye," he said and hung up.

The next second Nicole came in yelling, "Carmen Roberts why is there a fucking article about you! I swear I am going to kill you!"

"Calm down Nicole," I said. "Calum cleared it up on twitter and it's all fine now. The paparazzi just think we're together. It's stupid trust me."

"Okay but now his fucking fans know who you are, they know where are apartment is for gods sake, and I know for a god damn fact there will be kids outside our apartment waiting for either a. you to come out, b. calum to come here, or c. YOU GUYS TO WALK OUT TOGETHER! I swear if we get convicted before we can even fully move here, I will let you live by your god damn self." When she said that I realized that it was a lot worse than I thought.

"Ummmm well, then right now isn't the best time to tell you he's coming over tomorrow is it?" I said.

"He can come, but if he has a problem getting in it's not my problem," she said. "Also I'm sorry I'm probably over reacting, but I just don't want this happening a week before we go back."

"Hey think about it this way though," I said and she raised her eyebrows. "We are leaving for a month. By the time we come back, they'll all be gone."

"True," she said. She moved over on the bed with me and gave me a hug. "I'm sorry Carmen. Goodnight. I'll see you tomorrow." and with that she left my room.

I looked at my phone and saw a message from Calum that said: Hey I forgot to say goodnight. :)

I laughed and replied a quick: goodnight

This man is making me feel emotions I never knew I had, but nothing Carmen, nothing can happen.

- - - -

The next day I mainly hung out with Nicole up until the doorbell was going off, not once, but repeatedly. Nicole said earlier that she was going to get out so we can get it going. I mentally hate that she knows, but she's my best friend.

She opened the door for Calum and announced her departure. We said bye and Calum said, "What's up with her? I swear she hates me."

"She doesn't hate you Calum she just...is something else," I said. "She may or may not know about our little thing, so she says the sexual tension is always high." I looked over at him and he was making a weird face. I started laughing and he smiled.

"What?" he wiggles his eyebrows and I started laughing again. "But our sexual tension is only high when you make me horny." I hit him with a pillow for saying that. It ended with a pillow fight, though I let Calum win because he started tickling me.

"Carmen?" Calum said.

"Hm?"

"Do you ever think anything will happen between us?" he asked the question and I froze. In all honesty I didn't think so, but I didn't want to make him feel bad.

"Calum, in all honesty, I feel something, but I'm not ready for that type of commitment. I like our friendship a lot. It's a reminds me of a couple years back before things happened."

"Oh I'm sorry don't cry," he said. I didn't even realize my eyes are watering and I smiled because he genuinely cared. He gave me a big hug and I returned it.

There's something about Calum that makes me extremely happy. Being in his arms in a simple hug made me realize this is more than friends with benefits. I'm finally accepting my feelings. I have no idea how much longer I'll be able to accept them, but I know I feel amazing and happy right now so I don't want to ruin that.

I looked up at Calum and gave him a loving kiss. It felt like the first one we shared. Nothing rushed, just pure feelings and emotion. I'm falling for him hard, but I don't want to ruin him when my brain takes over again. For now, I just got to remember friends with benefits, or I can look at it as we have no label.

We both pulled away and smiled at one another. He pulled me closer and said, "I like you Carmen. You don't have to like me back. As long as your my friend I'm a hundred percent fine with that. Just remember I'm here for you and I won't hurt you."

That felt relieving to here. I looked up and kissed him again. And that's how our afternoon was spend. Laying on the couch enjoying each other's presence. I'm falling hard, and I'm not ready for my brain to take over yet. My heart wants him, so I'll go along with it for a while.

~~~~

Oh shit what is she getting herself into. Also I'm getting better at this and I'm extremely proud.