1.9

After last Saturday, let's just say when Calum left and got mobbed by fans, we decided to only go to his house until things died down. Though, Nicole stopped worrying seeing as they have no idea what either of us looked like. They were only there so see Calum, even though they don't know he won't be back here for a while.

It's Wednesday today and that means I'm in the studio. On Monday, Calum brought up some lyrics he made a while back and it was added to a song Luke and Ashton had been working on. They lyrics were, "Too young, Too dumb, To know things like love." I really liked them and I made sure to tell Calum that when he brought it up. He got all smiley and cute about it to be honestly, and it was extremely adorable.

Also, Lie to Me apparently wasn't done, which is what we're working on today. Luke was singing the entirety of it and wanted it a bit slower and then the background to be a very chill, relaxing vibe. He had us hear what was made of it and I totally agreed.

I was completely focused when I felt a pair of hands grab my waist. Instantly, I knew who it was and leaned my head back. As for how Calum and I are going, we only hooked up Monday, but spent everyday together laying down or doing anything at his place. To say the least, I'm falling hard and I'm completely scared.

"Hey babe what's up," he said. That's another thing that's started happening. He calls me that everywhere now instead of when we're just alone. At first, the other boys looked at us with questioning faces, but now they've gotten used to it. I assumed Calum told them it was nothing.

"Well I'm working on the adjustments Luke wanted on Lie to Me. I'm almost done, so I think I'll just stay and hang out. You guys all agreed only Ghost of You needs the orchestra too," I said.

"Come help me yeah?" he said. I nodded and finished what I was doing as quick as possible. The second I finished I went and found Calum.

"Finally," he said when I walked in. I smiled and sat on his lap. He put his arms around me and said, "Hey cutie." I blushed and kissed him on the cheek.

To anyone else, we'd look like a couple, but everyone here, unfortunately, knows the friends with benefits things going on between us.

I'm honestly sad to be leaving on Friday, but it will give me time to register my feelings completely. I know for a fact I'm not ready for a relationship, but the longer this goes on, I might be. As I'm sitting here, I look at Calum and he already has his gaze on me. We smiled at each other and were just enjoying each other's presence. I hate this feeling I have, but love it at the same time. I care about him, though I don't want to hurt him. Quickly, I give him a peck on the lips and get up. He whines and gets up following me anyways.

I moved across the room and sat next to the bass rack. "Teach me," I told him. He smiled and moved me so I was sitting on his lap again. Gently, he moved my fingers and thought me some basics. I'd say I'm a pro by the end, but in Calum's words, "Not quite yet babe, but your getting it."

At this point, I was doing things on my own and transcribing things I knew from the upright bass to the guitar.

"What you playing there Carmen?" he asked leaning his chin on my shoulder.

"One of the brandenburg concertos I played back in middle school," I said. "The bass part was kinda interesting to me so I had my friend Jack teach me it. I remembered it a bit throughout the years since it was all I knew how to play on bass."

I kept playing it and he was just looking at me amazed. When I finished he clapped for me and I kissed his cheek again. "You're really good Carmen. I wish I had the ability to learn things quickly like you," he said.

"It's weird to be honest, and I really hated it in school. I wouldn't study for school much just practice, but I had straight A's because I retain information so quickly. I was always just the nerdy school girl and..." I continued going for a couple minutes telling Calum about everything. Throughout it, he was just taking in every word I said and processing everything. A little nod here and there showing he's listening.

When I finished I just looked at him. It felt like something from a movie playing right in front of my eyes. He smiled and said, "Carmen I don't know what you're doing to me, but I love it." I smiled and said, "I can say the same to you."

- - - -

About an hour later, Calum and I went our separate ways home. I've been laying on my bed waiting to hear from Nicole. Today she went to go watch a rehearsal from the Philharmonic. I heard the door open and went out of my room.

"Hey Nicole," I said.

"Oh my god Carmen! They play so good! How was I even accepted! Their skill level is like so fucking high and mine is like nowhere near theirs. Like what the actual fuck!" she said and I chuckled.

"Well Nicole wether you think so or not, you're amazing and you deserve that spot when you start in January," I assured her.

"I really hope you are right," she said. "So how are things with you and Calum? You seem a lot happier and more carefree. Did you finally let your brain take a break?"

"He's amazing," I answered in all honesty. "I just think neither I nor him are ready for a relationship. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, my brain finally said, haha you dumb bitch you wish. I'm kinda hoping it doesn't, but I'm still you know..."

She nodded and said, "I understand. Just look on the bright side, you have a cute boy waiting for you, you're getting over Justin, and you're finally letting more people in."

She was right. I never realized that. All I think about is how what I'm doing with Calum can ruin us or be good. "Thank you Nicole," I said and gave her a hug. "No problem Carmen, now get some rest because I'm taking you out tomorrow," she said and went to her room.

Can I saw the part when Carmen learns bass I WANT THAT. Ughhh I love Calum sooo much. Also so for another crappy chapter I'm just so bad at this.