chapter 1

One year.  365 days.  365 days since your perfect boyfriend invited you to a perfect restaurant and with exquisite tenderness broke your heart and ended your perfect relationship by telling you his job was more important than you were.  Of course that is not actually what he said, he is Kim Freaking Perfect SeokJin, but that was definitely the take away.

365 mornings of closing your eyes and counting to ten when you woke up, hoping when you opened them he would be sleeping next to you.

365 days of fighting tears over stupid songs on the radio, trying and failing to avoid all social media, hell all media.  No luck.   He was everywhere.

365 nights of torturous sleep.  The first months you cried yourself to sleep.  The next few months you tossed and turned, composing the perfect comeback .  You replayed over and over what you should have said or done.

Then came the months of dream disturbed sleep.  Some nights the dream is languid, with shadows and lights falling over beautiful bodies.  You can feel Jin’s hands on you, his body moving over you.   You wake with an aching body and a heart that cannot be soothed.

Other nights the dream is light and is filled with laughter. Jin reaches for you and you run to him, or you are in his arms gazing at the stars. It ends as you awake with an emptiness you think you will never fill again.

And then the hard nights when the dream starts pleasant.  In the dream you are  dressed up and excited.  You know what will happen and you try to warn yourself.   You meet Jin and he leans to tenderly kiss you.  As he draws back he begins to sneer at you.  He laughs and gives you a hard push and walks away.  You always wake up from that dream in tears.

Today was the turning point,  you promise yourself.  Today was the end of mourning .  It was time for you to dance again.

NOTE:  This story is an emotional labor of love.  Trust me....

Edited to add ...you know he would never literally, physically push her.  That is just her emotional reaction in her dreams.♡