chapter 3

Jin had traveled 16 hours today and his schedule was not through.  One hour after he landed he was scheduled for three back to back interviews.  He was exhausted, but the promise of several days off  was sufficient to keep him motivated. 

Getting set up for the interview, the writer came in and gave several instructions.  She repeated the date and time throughout the pre taping.  Every time he heard the date Jin felt  uneasy, but he couldn’t place why.  Finally on a break he took his phone and looked at his calendar.  It was already tomorrow at home.  It had been a year.

It had been a year of tremendous personal growth and professional accomplishment.  He had met almost every one of his professional goals.

His income had soared and he had signed a new long term contract that ensured that he would be one of the wealthiest men in the country.

Jin loved his life.  He loved  being with his team, living in the world’s most lux hotels, arriving on private jets, hiding in exclusive resorts. Almost every wish had come true.  Almost.

Damn it!  He was locking himself in his room and getting out of his mind drunk tonight.  Maybe tonight he would sleep without the dreams.

Unless he was drop dead exhausted or passed out drunk,  Jin dreamed about you.   He was traveling the world and had anything he wanted but he basically dreamed one of two dreams every night.

Sometimes he dreamed his hands were on you, or your mouth was on him, or that you were rolling your hips on him or he was thrusting into you.  Whatever combination in the dream, he woke up hard and frustrated and empty.  Nothing he had tried had satisfied that longing for you. 

The other variation was much worse. In it he told you goodbye and you just stood looking at him with tears in your eyes.  You never spoke a word to him, you always silently turned and walked away. 

Jin called his personal manager over and asked him to make sure two bottles of whisky were sent to his room tonight and he was not to be disturbed.

His attention span was shot for the rest of the day.