chapter 9

Your head fell back against the leather chair . Your eyes closed, you could feel his long tapered fingers graze your skin.  You knew without looking that his teeth were tugging at his full bottom lip, watching your reaction.  Your breathing was starting to quicken and heat was beginning to pool. 

It had been a long time since you allowed yourself to think of Jin this way.

You were lost in memory as the door behind you opened and jarred you back to reality,  You were sick of Dean and his forward attitude and just …. Everything about him.

You turned your desk chair and rose out of it in a fluid motion.  All your emotions and frustrations flared into fury.  You were preparing to eviscerate Dean as you rounded your desk. 

You stood in shock as instead you saw your administrative assistant escorting Jin into the room.  You sat on the edge of your desk, unsure your legs would hold you.

Jin found your office easily.  Any resistance he met he conquered with a wink or easy smile.  He was soon being shown into your office by a very eager new friend. 

He watched in fascination as you turned in your chair and rounded the desk.  Jin had never seen you like this.

You had complete command of your office and the fury in your eyes fired him immediately.  He did not even stop to worry if was aimed at him. 

His eyes raked your body, taking in the sensible work pumps, slim black skirt and pink silk blouse.  His mind went to all the wrong places.  He wanted you.

He wanted to slowly untie the silk bow at your throat…. That desk…..those windows….leaned back in your chair.

He had to physically shake himself to pull himself together.  His eyes found yours and he saw the anger fade into some emotion he could not name.  He was suddenly cold, like you had physically withdrawn your body heat from him and left him alone. 

You needed to breathe.  Was this real or still part of your fantasy?   Was Jin actually standing in front of you ,in your office, looking like he wanted to bend your over your desk…

“STOP IT!! “You brain screamed to your body.  “ He does not want you remember.”

That reminder was enough to douse your fire.  Yes he was real, but he was here for something other than you.

“Jin….” You started, your voice cracking” I am so surprised to see you.  What can we do for you?”

You refused to offer him a seat.  You were sure his business would be concluded briefly.

Jin cleared his throat.  Now that he was standing here in front of you, his brain was in overload.  He was interrupted as he started to speak.

“Babe!”  the man from the party breezed into the office. 

Jin noticed he did not need an escort in, nor an invitation it seemed.

“The other night was a blast!  Fantastic!  Admit it! And shit, you were so HOT!  I earned another date, am I right”.

You closely watched Jin’s face when Dean entered the room.  He was PISSED.  He needed to be reminded that he gave up that right one year, one month and one Monday ago.  This should be interesting.

Jin stepped in to introduce himself.  He reached for Dean’s hand and took it in a death grip.  The two men stood crushing each other hands, sizing each other up, neither giving an advantage.

Finally stepping away to sit on the desk next to you, Dean offered Jin a seat.  You nodded at the suggestion and Jin sat, crossing his long legs, straightening his shirt cuffs.

“Do you share this office?” Jin asked, his real meaning clear in the question.

Dean laughed and nudged you saying “ I guess you could say that. What can we do for you Slim?”  You hid a smile.  Jin was about to combust.

“I have private business to discuss,” he answered darkly.

Dean looked at Jin and back to you “Will you be ok?”  he asked you.  You saw Jin’s fists clench. You nodded at Dean.

“Ok, well don’t take long darling.” He exaggerated his drawl “ We have a staff meeting in fifteen.  Don’t get up  old man, nice to meet you.” 

For a moment you saw Dean weigh if it was worth a broken bone to kiss your check, assessing both you and the man across from him.   He decided his odds were not good and so pushed himself away from the desk and strolled to the door, calling over his shoulder  “Remember, fifteen minutes.”

Jin turned to stare at your reaction. You watched Dean over Jin’s head as he stood at your door.  “ You owe me,” he mouthed with a wink and disappeared.

Jin watched as you smiled a real smile, filled with affection, at the bastard who just left. He was not ok with that.

“Who was that?” he ground out.

You bit back your first response, that it was not his place to ask that anymore.  Instead you answered with a wicked smile. “ Oh, that’s Dean.  He was my date for the charity event the other night”

Jin frowned and answered “ I know, I saw you dancing with him.”

Your eyes held each other for several heartbeats, both of you remembering another night, other dances.

In that moment Jin decided for the first time since he met you to tell you a bold faced lie.