chapter 16

You cleaned up the remnants of the picnic and took what was left of the soju with you to the couch.

You sat in the darkness thinking about what Jin said. "Whatever you need to trust me again".

What were you afraid of? What was the real question you were asking? He had proven over these past few weeks that he was not seeking to reconcile with you because he was bored or wanted convenient sex or you were easier than finding someone new. You had considered and discarded those ideas one by one over time.

What was holding you back? Sitting quietly, you realized that you were still mad at him or hurt or both. You feared him leaving you again. What if now was  perfect until he - or his company- set a new goal. He left you devastated, got to fulfill his dream and now he was back like nothing happened, wanting to pick right back up?

Your heart whispered that was unfair. You remembered what Jin said about it all being empty without you. He was different. Both of you had changed in the past year.

This was the truth, you were miserable without him. He wanted to share his best and worst moments with you. And the hardest truth? There was no promise of tomorrow in any relationship.

You decided you could not continue with a lock around your heart. You would wholeheartedly love him as long as you were together. If time, or ambition or fate separated you again you would have these moments to keep you. And you chose those moments be ones in which you freely gave your all to him.

You felt no barrier to him now. You wanted to call him, hold him, love him. Jin was right. One random night it would just be right.

As Jin drove away his body cooled. He was being honest when he said you should have no guilt in sending him away. He had enough of that for both of you. Tonight he had felt a shift in your body and emotions. He felt like you were beginning to lower your guard, to let him back in. He was willing to wait as long as it took, because God willing, once you let him love you again he was never letting you go!

The next week was chaos for both of you. When his work slowed your schedule was packed. When you got a break he was away on location.

Finally one Thursday night he called and said "Please tell me you are on your way home."

"Yes, I should be there in about fifteen minutes, " you responded.

"Please tell me I can come over," he asked.

You laughed, " After the last several days, do you even need to ask? Please!! I can't wait to see you."

"Great!" his distinctive laugh rang out " because I am in your driveway waiting on you."

NOTE: Y'all I can't resist loading chapters!! What am I going to do when this story is over????