chapter 13

You reached out to touch him just as the old man came back with another round of drinks. Putting on fake smiles you toasted to health and happiness.

After the last toast Jin moved to pay the bill and the old man clapped him on the back and said "It's taken care of. It's not often I get two beautiful people in love spending time in my place. Take care of each other" with that he was gone leaving the two of you looking at each other.

Jin helped you with your coat and you reached your hand for his as you walked to the car. He looked at your linked hands and then at you.

"Please don't let go" you whispered. He nodded and raised your hand and kissed it.

He helped you in the car and buckled you in. That was a sweet habit he had. He would buckle you in and kiss you. You were both thinking about that as he drew away, searching your face.

He pulled away and entered the car. As soon as he got in he reached for your hand and intertwined your fingers. Somehow this simple gesture seemed one the most intimate things you had ever done.

You rode in silence all the way home. He parked and came around to help you out of the car, reaching for your hand again. He stopped in front of your door. You were both trying to decide where things went from here, neither of you sure.

Jin took you in his arms and held you close. You could feel his hips pressing into you. A familiar ache was blooming in you both. He bent his head to kiss you pausing inches from your lips. You gently turned you head and he stepped back.

" I am sorry. I should not have assumed...." He said.

You reached for his hand again. "Jin, I want you to kiss me. My body is responding to you already. If you kiss me I will not want you to stop. But this is new all over again. My head and my heart are at war, and my body just wants you. I don't want to make a decision about what's next based on my physical hunger for you. You are so much more than that to me. I'm sorry. I need to .... I need........"

Jin kissed your forehead and rested his chin on your head. "Whatever you need, if it is in my power, I will give to you. I ache for you, but not just physically. I want to talk to you, to make you laugh.. I want you. I need you to hold me. And I am willing to wait, willing to do whatever you say to have you."

Reaching the door, you turned back to him.

"Jin, do you remember our last kiss?" you asked.

"Our last kiss? Not the first?" he repeated. You nodded in response.

His face paled as he searched his memory, after long moments he shook his head

"I can't either. You did not kiss me when you left. I spent weeks trying to remember the last time you kissed me. I remembered hundreds of times and ways and places, but not the last one. " you paused.

Jin's was devastated at the question and the tears unshed in your eyes.

"I just kept wondering, If we had known it was going to be our last, do you think we would have been more careful with it? Treasured it more?" you finished.

Jin had no words. He stood with his hands clenched. " I am so sorry..." He started.

"No need" You said "Just something I wondered about."

You turned and walked in the house, closing the door behind you.

You moved over to the couch and curled into the pillows,. You sat in the dark and struggled, deep in thought for a long time. Finally reaching for your phone you texted Jin.

YOU: maybe we can't remember our last kissed because it has not happened yet.

YOU: When can I see you again?

You leaned back on the couch and waited for Jin to reply.

NOTE: it's 4:54 am And I've been awake forever and I can't sleep so I am loading another Chapter!♡♡