chapter 6

The party space was beautifully decorated and the place was crawling with celebrities.

Your group found your table and you were content to sip your drink and soak in all the beautiful people.  The first part of the night was a brief speech and presentation of donations.  After that the bar and the dance floor opened and  the place came alive.  

Your group made it’s way to the dance floor.  You had truly forgotten how much you loved to just dance. 

You let yourself go to the music and closed your eyes.  Hands over your head you swayed to the music, lost in the rhythm. 

You jumped when you felt hands settle on your waist.  Dean was standing behind you, trying to pull you toward him.  You had a moment of panic until you pulled away from him.

You shook your head and he just laughed and moved to another girl.  He found a willing partner and began to grind with her right next to you.

Sighing in relief you wished them luck for the night.  You finished the dance with your friends, but your joy was gone.  You were ready to leave.

You were making your way back to the table when you heard a huge commotion in the front of the room.

Finding your seat, you turned to the front and felt the world tilt.  Standing on the stage was Jin’s group.

How?  You did not even know they were in the country. Your eyes flew to his to find him staring right at you.  He did not take his eyes from you as the introductions were being made. 

The place was a madhouse but at that moment only the two of you existed.  You had to get out of here, but you were trapped in the crowd.

Jin had seen you almost immediately upon arrival. He knew you from the curve of your neck, the tilt of your head, and a dozen other intimate ways.

He waited impatiently for you to turn around, but his body knew yours.   From backstage he could see your table.  Who were you with?  He stared at you for long minutes. 

When you stood to go to the dance floor his mouth went dry.  The dress you were wearing clung to your breasts like a second skin.  The light caught and threw sparkles as you moved. The color glowed with your skin.  You gleamed like a candle amid all the black and red dresses that crowded the floor.  Your skirt swayed as you walked.  For the sake of decorum Jin was glad he could not see your ass because he was sure his arousal would be visible if he could.

All those thoughts took but a minute.  The real ache settled in when he saw your face.  You were more beautiful than you were in his dreams.  You had a sadness now that broke his heart. 

He wanted to go to you and push that one strand of stray hair behind your ear and kiss you tenderly.  Hell, that was just the beginning of what he wanted to do.

He watched keenly as you stood and started toward the dance floor.  His eyes were fixed on you as you started to sway to the music. 

Your face was alight with laughter now. He could see the music taking you over.  His body responded to your shift in mood.  He remembered too well those subtle cues, the color shift in your eyes , the movement of your body,  the changes in your breathing, the moment when you began to let go and follow your body's instincts.

He groaned out loud when you raised your hands above your head and danced.  The movement pulled up the crop top just so that just a hint of your stomach showed.  Jin could not take his eyes from you.