chapter 10

In that moment Jin decided for the first time since he met you to tell you a bold faced lie.

Rising from his chair he moved to stand next to you. You were trapped between him and the desk. You looked up into his face like a thousand times before. The feel of his body heat, his smell, his very nearness slammed into you. You drew a deep breath and tried to smile.

'Do you recall the trip you made some time ago to the agency?" He asked, his voice pitched low so that you would have to lean into him.

You flushed and nodded. You remembered every detail of that morning.

"Well," he continued, "The litigation is complete and we need your signature on some forms. I have been sent to escort you to the agency."

You looked at him skeptically. "What forms? Why did they send you? Why did they not just send a courier? '

Jin just shrugged and said "The legal and security team will answer all those questions."

"Do you seriously expect me to leave work, with no notice, and follow you downtown to your office? I have my own responsibilities here." You were more than a little ticked off that he was dismissing your work like that.

Jin realized he was being rude. He sat back down and said " I understand. I'll wait".

You looked out your glass wall and saw that word had obviously spread that Jin was in the building. The office was packed with women pressed against the glass.

Jin did not even bother to turn around.

"They have been gathering since your friend left. Security has been called. Soon they will escort me out. " he explained.

You were amazed that he had been aware of the madness behind him yet had kept his full attention on you.

"Will you come with me?" he asked, his heart in his eyes.

You knew you would agree before he asked. But you really could not leave with him right now.

"Yes," you responded, watching as Jin's shoulders dropped the tension he had been holding and a real smile lit his face.

"But, I really can't go today. The project meeting is real and it is in.... five minutes." You explained.

Jin did not care. You said yes! You would come to the agency and he would see you again.

"I understand," he said" tomorrow?"

You moved around the desk and checked your calendar and nodded yes.

"I will pick you up at 11?" Jin's mind was in overdrive. You would be done quickly, he could plan a lunch date.

"I have meetings all morning," you interrupted his happy planning. "There is no need to pick me up. I will be there at 2?"

He nodded in agreement. Jin was hopeful, but he was also aware of the boundaries you were establishing. He set his mind to the task. He had never been afraid of hard work.

You both stood and headed to the door. You stared at each other for several minutes.

Almost by muscle memory, your bodies readied for a kiss. You could see it in his eyes that he wanted to lean into you. Drawing a deep breath, you pulled away from him and put the desk between you again.

You saw disappointment and determination in his eyes. You were still sorting your feelings as security entered to provide him a safe escort.

"I look forward to tomorrow," he said and turned to leave.

Jin examined his emotions all the way home. He had been seconds away from kissing you. He had seen that in your eyes too.

He leaned back into the seat an allowed himself to hope for the first time in one year, one month and one Monday.

NOTE: because I like visuals

NOTE: because I like visuals....you were looking really good the day Jin showed up!!

you were looking really good the day Jin showed up!!