chapter 5

ONE YEAR ONE MONTH

You really were not counting the days anymore you told yourself. It was just that nothing had really changed despite your promise to yourself. Maybe tonight would be the turning point.

You and several co workers were attending a charity event. It was a huge party and you were hoping you would enjoy yourself.

Your coworker Dean was your date tonight. Dean was hired about 6 months into "the year". You really had to stop measuring time that way.

He was a very attractive man. Well relatively attractive compared to Kim SeokJin. You really had to stop measuring men that way.

Dean was tall and blonde. He had green eyes and a dimple. He had a very dry sense of humor and constantly made observations that caused the office staff to cackle. He was nice, in the irritating kind of way.

The problem is that Dean was very confident in his looks and gave himself permission to call you "babe" . You hated that and corrected him every time.

He had declared tonight a "date" and you coaxed yourself into hoping you would have a good time.

You had dated a few times in "the year" but only one man more than once. You allowed that one to kiss you at your front door then fled inside scrubbed your lips raw and cried yourself to sleep. You had not repeated that experiment.

No pressure tonight. It would just be a fun night out with friends.

Dean was almost the complete opposite of Jin in every way. He had stopped by your office every day with suggestions as to how you should wear your hair, or the type of perfume he liked .

The day he stopped by and told you to wear something red and low cut you told him the whole thing was off. He apologized and kept his mouth shut the rest of the week.

The group made plans to meet for the party and you headed home to get ready.

Shopping for a party dress was harder than you anticipated. Every dress that caught your eye was stand out red and reminded you of the red dress you wore the night you danced with Jin and he got jealous and took you home and........... You still dreamed about that night.

In a tiny shop near work you fell in love with a champagne colored two piece. The top was long sleeved lace embellished with scattered crystals that gave a tiny hint of sparkle. The top was cropped and fitted at the waist. Because you were so short it fit perfectly to the top of the skirt. The skirt was champagne brushed satin with box pleats and a fitted waist. The skirt moved with you, swirling around you as you moved. It was long enough to hit you mid calf. It was feminine and you thought it was perfect because it covered you everywhere but did not look dowdy.

You already had shoes that sparkled and  jewelry

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

You already had shoes that sparkled and jewelry. You curled and styled your hair in a careless low bun.

You cut your hair the week Jin left then immediately started growing it back. You put a small rhinestone pin in the curls and smiled. This party thing was going to be easy. Right? Right?

You met your friends at the bar down the street for a drink before the party. Once you were all there you would go in together.

You were so nervous walking in the bar you did not notice heads turn your way.

Dean arrived last, insisting on kissing every one's cheek. When he got to you he stopped and whistled. "Babe...."

You stopped him before he leaned toward you.

"Nope... not Babe..... no kissing.... No touching" you laid down the rules.

He just winked and said " I love a challenge"

Note; to spice things up a bit I think we need a picture of Dean