Prologue

Hey everyone! This story is going to be HEAVILY edited and I'm so sorry if you don't like the way it turns out after I finish. I feel like everything in this story does actually move a little too fast for the story to be realistic. On that note, it is a fanfiction, so none of this is true! The twins simply play the characters in this story. This story is also 100% mine, so please do not copy or steal my ideas!

*Disclaimer* This story is very sad and mentions things like suicide, self-harm, eating disorders, and many other things that can be very triggering to people. If this triggers you, please don't read it! I wish the best for all of you and want you to recover safely and happily. If you need anything at all, someone to rant to, or even just a friend, don't be shy! Message me anytime:) Here's the prologue! ~ gracie

Prologue

I used to be popular. In kindergarten through fifth grade, everyone wanted to be my friend. I used to hang out with the popular group of kids and actually felt like I fit in. But middle school ruined that. In sixth grade, I hit puberty and gained weight. With the weight came sadness. I didn't want to hang out with anyone when I looked so disgusting. All my friends drifted away.

In seventh grade, the people I used to call friends, turned into spoiled assholes. They called me every name they could think of. I didn't care at first. I knew that they had to be experiencing something terrible to want to hurt someone so bad. But then, it got physical. I went home with bruises and scratches every day. The teachers did nothing. Not even my parents cared.

I was tired. So tired. All the time. I could sleep for ages and still be exhausted. I wanted the pain to be gone. One day, after school, I was home alone. Leo was at football practice and my parents were at work, of course. I did the only things I thought would end the screaming pain in my head. I didn't think it worked at first. But then came the pain. My stomach pulsed with pain every few seconds and my head felt like it would explode. I had never experienced so much pain before. Sweat and tears dripped down my face, but it made me smile. I was going to be free. When I was finally fading away, Leo's face came into my vision. I can still remember his screams of sadness and fear.

I was taken to the hospital, dead on arrival. They pumped my stomach clean and stitched up my wrists. The doctors said I was lucky to survive, but I didn't think so.

That leads me to where I am today. Still damaged beyond repair. I rarely take my medication, it makes me remember gagging while trying to swallow a hundred at once. My parents don't bother paying for therapy anymore. They say I'm a lost cause. I understand.

Leo has helped me more than anything. He's my best friend and I wouldn't be here without him. We used to do everything together. Used to. Lately, I haven't been able to leave my bed, unless for school. The new school isn't so bad. The students ignore me, but I would rather that than like before. The sadness has consumed me, and I don't think it's going to let me go anytime soon.

I've always wanted to be the type of girl that doesn't care what people think about her. Eating whatever I want, not being afraid to be myself in public. But I'm not. Instead, I'm insecure and constantly seeking approval from others. That is until I met him. He made all of my insecurities fade away. He helped me learn to love myself and the world around me.