2.2

It feels like hours before the nurse comes into the waiting room, calling for us to follow her. She leads us to a hall full of doors, stopping at one of them.

"The doctor will be out in a minute, stay here," She says blandly before walking away. A few minutes pass before a woman steps out of the room, shutting the door behind us.

"Family of Luna Evens?" She questions. We all nod.

"Luna is going to be okay. We performed an esophagogastroduodenoscopy or EGD and found that she has Mallory-Weiss Syndrome. This is can be from a number of things, but looking at her medical history, she has bulimia, correct?" She questions. Leo nods.

"That is most likely the cause. We've slowed the bleeding, but since her case is on the more severe side, she will need surgery. Who makes her medical decisions?" She continues. My heart drops. Leo curses under his breath.

"My parents, I need to call them" He sighs, pulling out his phone and walking a ways down the hall. I turn back to the doctor.

"Can I see her?" I question. She nods.

"She's on some pain medication that makes her a little 'loopy' and she's very sleepy," She tells me, opening the door. Ethan tells me he's going to wait in the with Leo. I follow the doctor in.

"Luna, someone's here to see you," She says in a nice voice. Luna looks over, a goofy smile forming.

"Grayson!" She says happily, making me practically swoon. She makes grabby hands at me, so I stand next to the bed and hold her hand. The doctor exits again, leaving us alone in the room.

"Hi, pretty girl. How are you feeling?" I question softly. She looks up at me and grins.

"I feel great, the nice lady gave me a sticker" She smiles, holding up a children's sticker.

"That was nice of her" I reply, stroking her cheek. She leans into my hand and closes her eyes for only a second.

"Can I have a kiss?" She requests, an excited look on her face. I chuckle, leaning down to kiss her quickly. She pouts when I pull away, yanking on my hand. I laugh at the roles switched from this morning.

"Stop laughing at me" She orders, continuing to pout. I stifle my laughter. My eyes widen when she pulls against the hospital gown.

"Woah, woah," I tell her, shifting it to cover her body fully, not wanting someone to walk in. And I don't want to take advantage of her when she's clearly out of it.

"It's hot" She whines, making me freeze. She giggles, pulling on my hand.

"Lay with me" She orders. I shake my head.

"I can't, babe. You're hurt" I reply, making her pout.

"C'mon, I'll be a good girl, I swear" She promises, looking at me through her eyelashes. My body tenses. I'm definitely getting her back for this when she's better.

"We're in the hospital, you're literally going to have surgery soon," I tell her.

"When I don't wanna kiss you or do anything, you do, but when I do, you don't? This isn't fair" She tells me, glaring at me. I chuckle and brush her hair back.

"I always wanna kiss you, just don't wanna hurt you" I admit to her, ignoring the 'do anything' part. She looks down at her lap, her mood quickly changing again.

"You already did. And we're not even dating." She mumbles. My heart drops at her words.

"Yet" I add quietly. Her head snaps to look at me, but before she can respond, the doctor enters the room, followed by her parents and Leo and Ethan. Her parents must have been near by.