1.8

I wake up the next morning to my alarm going off. I quickly turn it off before it can wake Grayson and climb out of his grip to get ready for school. I really don't want to go, but I don't really have a choice. The only way I can get out of this town is if I get a good education and get a job elsewhere.

I get ready faster than I usually do, wanting to lay back down with Grayson. I slowly lay back down, putting my head back on his chest and grin to myself when he cuddles me closer in his sleep. I lay awake for a half an hour, afraid that if I fall asleep I won't wake up in time.

Grayson ends up waking up when I try to get out of his grip again, making me huff. I wanted to let him sleep in.

"Morning, babe" He grins, pulling me back down.

"You're not riding the bus" He adds when I open my mouth to speak. I look up at him and pout, causing him to lean down and quickly steal a kiss.

"You don't have to drive me every day" I point out, trying to ignore the small blush on my cheeks. He hums.

"I want to. And I get to spend more time with you, even if it is just like a half an hour" He smiles sweetly. I playfully roll my eyes. I lay with him for a little longer before I have to get up.

"I don't wanna go" I mumble, sitting on the ground to put my shoes on. Grayson strokes my head.

"I know, I'm sorry," he says sadly. I stand up and put my head on his chest, breathing in his cologne.

"You smell good" I mumble into his chest. He chuckles and rubs my back.

"Thanks, so do you" He replies happily.

We go downstairs and I get my coffee while Grayson makes me lunch again, insisting that he has to. He drives me to school but walks me inside instead of saying goodbye at the door.

"What are you doing?" I ask him, swinging out intertwined hands. He shrugs.

"Wanna walk you to your first class" He smiles. I shake it off and smile back, leading him to my locker. I grab my textbook for my first period and turn back to Grayson. He grins evilly, pushing me gently against my closed locker. He brings his head down and to mine and places his lips against mine, kissing me passionately. I kiss back, confused on what he's doing. I can feel everyone's eyes on us. When we pull back, he keeps his face close to mine, smiling down at me. The bell rings, making kids stop watching and scurry to get to class. Grayson walks me to my first period and kisses me again, this time a sweet kiss that only lasted for a few seconds.

"Grayson! Haven't seen you in a while" My teacher says happily when he leaves his room to stand by his door to greet students. Grayson grins and steps towards him to shake his hand.

"Yeah, its good to see you" He replies. They have a small conversation until the second bell rings. Grayson turns to me, kissing the side of my head and making me cringe at the PDA in front of my teacher.

"Come see me again," My teacher says finally, following me into the classroom after saying goodbye to him.

"Luna, I didn't know you're dating one of my favorite students," He tells me in a happy tone. I turn around and send him an awkward smile.

"Uh, he's actually my brother's friend, he's just looking after me" I reply.

"Oh, whos your brother?" He responds, leaning against his desk. I shift on my feet.

"Uh, Leonardo Evens, he goes by Leo," I say quietly. It looks as if a lightbulb is going off in his head.

"You're Leo's sister? I didn't know that! You guys are total opposites. Tell him I said hi" He grins. I give him a smile and nod, quickly walking to my seat in the back corner. All the kids watch me, making me even more uncomfortable.