Chapter 5

"So what were you saying?" he asked. His smirk showing that he was both amused and annoyed. You tried your best to hide behind Yuqi and Jimin. For some reason, in this new setting, with him dressing like a proper student with button up shirt and slacks, Namjoon seemed more intimidating.

"Um, nothing." you mumbled, avoiding his eyes at all cost.

"Yeah, that's what I thought." he scoffed. "Jiminie, are you excited about that dancing class?" he asked, ruffling Jimin's hair. The younger one smiles widely but shyly hit Namjoon's shoulder.

"I am! Tryouts are next week and I really want to be in the team."

"I'm sure you will. Is Lisa in the class?"

"Yeah, that makes me even more nervous."

"How cute." Namjoon said, pinching Jimin's cheek. "You should ask her out soon."

"Maybe. Lisa's my crush." he explained to you and Yuqi, but it wasn't necessary since you guys already got that vibe from the conversation. It was cute the way he rubbed the back of his neck when talking about her. She's the same age as you two, and she's a dance genius. The university offered her a scholarship for performance and she'll be a teaching assistant in that dance class. "Hyung, you're here early. Don't you have class at noon?" Jimin asked. You glanced at your watch, it was only 10:30. What was he going to do with an hour and a half. Well, not like you care anyways. Namjoon seemed a bit flustered and caught off guard by the question, but he instantly went back to his cocky, confident self.

"I just had something to do at the library." he answered.

"Oh, what is it?" Jimin pressed on.

"Uh, just some business analytic stuff." Namjoon explained. Young and Yuqi nodded, seemingly a normal thing to do. But it was the first day of classes. Maybe he really wants to be ahead of the game. Jimin, on the other hand, was persistent that there's something more to it.

"But hyung," he said, "You're a writing major. You haven't touched math in like 5 years." Namjoon's face was visibly redder now. He coughed out loud and adjusted his collar a bit. He looked so dumb you wanted to hold in your laugh.

"Well, I'll see you later than Jiminie. Bye Yuqi. Hope you have a good first day of class." And then he walked away. You weren't surprised that he didn't say anything to you, okay, maybe you were a little disappointed. To much of your efforts, you still found him a little cute, and the way he treats other people, besides you of course, was still charming. You sighed before parting ways with everyone else. In the morning, you would have Introduction to Early Childhood Education follow by Beginning Literacy and eventually, theory of writing, just for fun.

The first two classes went by like a breathe. You took so much notes along with asking the professors as much questions as you could think of. They were impressed by the knowledge you already had before hand. It was going to be a good year afterall. When lunchtime came around, you sat with Yuqi on the grass outside the engineering building. The apple tree provided great shades. She talked about how her classes were filled with boys who assumes she was inferior to them. But she quickly shut them up by completing a small project by herself in 10 minutes when it took everyone else the whole time, even with a partner.

"Make sure to go easy on them next time, genius." you told her.

After lunch was the writing class. You've been looking forward to it for awhile, since the class would involve reading and writing, something you quite enjoy doing regularly. Located near the end of the hallway, room 101 was small with many windows to make the space more breathable. Your smile automatically disappeared as you stepped through the doorway. His smirk grew wider as he noticed you. What made it worse was the fact that the tables had two people each and all the spots in the room was taken besides the seat next to him. It was as if everyone knew and the world was playing a cruel joke on you.

"Hurry up and sit down." he said, waving you over to him. You groaned but took the seat nonetheless. You scooted the chair to the edge of the table, far enough to keep at least a foot in between you and him. He rolled his eyes and went on scrolling his phone. You peaked, noticing that it was a long article. What a strange nerd, you thought.

"Aren't you a music major?" you asked after a long period of uncomfortable silence. You didn't expect him to answer. But was pleasantly surprised when he did.

"So? Doesn't mean I can't take a writing class." he rebuttal.

"I mean yeah, but this is theory related."

"Why are you taking it then? Aren't you an education major?" His question caught you off guard, not with the class itself but the fact that he knew your major when he could barely remember your name. Maybe the boys talked about it with him.

"I like to learn about why and how things are the way they are. Even something like writing has a theory behind it, imagine what kind of things you can discover about a person, through writing."

"You're a strange one." he commented.

At that moment, the professor walked in, and Namjoon immediately dropped his phone on his lap. His attention went to the professor. She was tall, with caramel brown hair wrapped into a bun. Her white blouse and pencil skirt matched her petite figure. She also had on thick rim glasses. She was too young to be a graduate professor, she must be really smart. As she got near her desk, she dropped the stack of paper she was holding. Some people in the class snickered. But you noticed that Namjoon had his jaw tightened, and he looked like he was ready to pounce, at either those students or at the professor to help her. It was strange, the feeling he's emanating is protectiveness.

"Oh, how clumsy of me." she said, mostly to herself. She quickly gathered the papers and placed them on her desk in the front. Her movements were awkward. Then she finally looked at the class, she seemed surprised by the amount of people in the room, which was about 13, including her. "Wow, this is the biggest class I've ever had." she chuckled. You thought she was joking but she seemed too proud for it to be a joke. "Alright, good afternoon everyone. My name is Professor Hong, but you can call me Seol." She scanned the room, and smiled wider when she got to your table. That look was definitely not for you. "Oh, Namjoon. So great to have you in my class again. And thank you for helping me with organizing the syllabus this morning. Too bad I already messed it up."

"No problem, Seol." his voice was sweet when he called her name.

Even though they were exchanging simple words, you felt that you were invading an intimate moment. It was the way he looks at her, how his dimple was bursting when she smiles at him, how he runs his hand through his hair whenever she would look in your guy's direction. The pen you were holding fell from your fingers, bouncing from the papers slightly before coming to a stop. It laid there as the realization hits you. "I see."

"What are you mumbling about over there?" he asked, eyes glued to the front.

"I think I finally figured you out."

"And what could that possibly be?" he asked boredly.

"That you like Seol."