Chapter 27

When you woke up the next day, Namjoon wasn't next to you. He must have gone home to shower and rest. You felt terrible for keeping him up last night. You torso hurt with every movement, but it was much better than last night. There was a savory aroma coming from outside. You were confused since Yuqi wasn't supposed to be back yet. Your feet dragged you out of bed and into the kitchen. And it was a sight to be seen.

He was by the oven, shirtless. Well he was wearing Yuqi's baby pin apron but it still exposed his wide and slender back. His hair was wet, some water droplets rolling down his back. He moved expertly between the pan and the fridge. He cracked the eggs with elegant movements. You leaned against the wall, eyeing him up and down. He turned round halfway so that you could see his side profile, and smirked.

"Enjoying the view?" he asked. He knew you'd be standing there. You blushed, trying to hide your face. Seconds later, he appeared right before you, his hair pushed back by the water. He moved your hands away from your face. The apron barely covering anything so there was really no point in him wearing it. You could see his defined abs, his tanned skin, his two dark...You moved your eyes to his face, to see that he was still smirking.

"I-I thought you went home." you said.

"Don't be ridiculous, I'm not leaving you." he said, pulling you in for a hug. He kissed the top of your head. He smelled of lavender, similar to your body wash. "Oh yeah, I took a shower, if you don't mind. And I had to wash my shirt."
"Oh, I see. So that's why you're naked."

"No, the shirt dried off half an hour ago." he simply said, then wink, before returning to the stove. He told you to take a seat at the table while he prepares breakfast for the two of you. You did have doubts because of the horror stories the boys have told you about Namjoon in the kitchen and if he breaks anything of Yuqi, they cost more than anything he owns. He placed the plate in front of you, some slightly burned pancakes and scrambled eggs. Nonetheless, it looked and smelled amazing.

"Aren't you eating?" you asked as you took the first bite of the egg. It was a little bland, but nothing you can't fix with salt.

"I'll eat soon. I just like watching you eat." he answered, a hand propped on the table and his head leaning on it.

"Are you sure that's the reason? Or are you waiting for some reaction with the food?"

"How dare you think I would use my own girlfriend as a poison tester?" he pouted. You took the opportunity to pinch his little cheeks. "But speaking of being my girlfriend, I do have something I want to talk to you about."

"Oh god, you're breaking up with me? Is it because I put that virus on your computer?" you asked. You put the fork down and tried to make yourself as small as possible. It was a strange idea that he would break up with you after staying with you all night and making you breakfast shirtless but the world is a crazy place. Anything is possible.

"That was you? I thought it was because Jimin used it to watch...videos. Oh, poor kid, I have to apologize to him later." He sighed, shaking his head. You understood immediately the content of the video he's talking about so you just slowly nodded your head, trying really really hard not to picture it.

"So you're not breaking up with me?" you asked after a while.

He flicked your head. "You're so stupid, why would I let go of the best thing in my life?" he asked sarcastically, it made you giggle.

"Then what did you want to talk about?"

Namjoon began thinking about his words carefully. "I know we haven't been dating for long, but I can't live being a part from you, even if it's just a 15 minute walk. Last night when I saw you like that, I thought I could die if anything had happened to you. And if I didn't come home earlier, I wouldn't have ever known. I hate to think about that possibility." You can hear the rawness of his voice, the unfilter emotion, the sadness and love towards you. He took your hand, the fork falling and hit the plate, making a loud sound that neither of you seemed to notice. "I want you to in with me."

"Wait, what?"

"Move in with me." he repeated as firmly as the first time. There wasn't any sign of wavering in his eyes. "I know it's moving really fast but I want you somewhere that I could keep an eye on you. I'm not saying that you're my property in anyway. I just don't want anything bad to happen to you, ever."

"As much as I love the boys, I don't think it's a good idea. You don't have enough room for me."

"I wanted to keep it a surprise, but.." he was digging for something in his pocket.

"Oh god, are you proposing?" you gasped.

"That brain of yours is a strange place. No, I'm not. I mean I will eventually, but not yet." It made you blush knowing that he sees you in your future. His hand returned with a key in them.

"I've been saving up a place for myself. I didn't know when it would be a good time, but then I met you and everything was so clear." he said, holding the key up with his bright smile. "I got an apartment for the two of us."

"You did?" you asked, in utter shock, but the good kind of shock.

"Yes, you don't have to answer me now. The place isn't quite ready yet, so we have a lot of time to decide and see if there's any...future changes."

"I'm never breaking up with you, if that's what you're thinking." you chuckled. "But yes, please give me some time to work it over with Yuqi. Just know that I'm so happy you have thought about our future. I love you, Namjoon."

He got up from his seat and pulled you up for a tight hug. "I love you so much Y/N." After breakfast, he took you to the apartment, it was near the university. He said that although he's going to graduate soon, he wants it to be a short distance from the school for you. Your heart melt at how thoughtful he was. The place itself wasn't big, but it was cozy. The light brown wooden floor along with the white bare walls gave the place a heavenly feeling. No furnitures in sight, yet you could picture everything clearly. There was a big living room, one bathroom, an office for Namjoon, and two bedrooms. Namjoon said that one bedroom would be yours and when you feel comfortable, you could move into his room. He really thought of everything. You looked at the room one last time, the start of something new.