Chapter 29

"Y/N, where do you want to put your shrine?" he asked from outside the living room.

"Oh my god, it is not a shrine! Please stop calling it that."

"I'll put it next to the Christmas tree. Ooh, I know, I could use their photo cards as ornaments. Obviously Junmyeon should be the star." Namjoon was talking to himself at this point. He took the efforts to learn all of EXO's names, and real names, and had developed a small crush on leader Suho. He reminds you a lot of Seokjin. Maybe that's why Namjoon likes him so much. You laughed it off, continuing to unpack your room.

Christmas Eve was supposedly one of the most romantic holidays in the world. It's a day dedicated to innocent love, first kiss, holding hands, sharing a mug of hot chocolate, saying "yes" or "I do". And instead of joining the festivity, both Namjoon and you decided to stay in to finish up your apartment. The paints had already dried, the furnitures delivered both for you guys and for the rest of the apartment. Namjoon hid the fact that he was pretty well off, you didn't realize it until he had bought all of his music equipments as well as appliances without telling you. The boys chipped in to buy you guys a TV. Yuqi's parents bought literally the entire kitchen. Anything you would need to cook, they bought. Yuqi added matching pajamas with cute little koalas on them.

After setting the last book on your desk, you took a step back, admiring everything. The set up was similar to that back at the old apartment, but there was an exhilarating feeling accompanying the room right now. This was the first night you two would stay in the apartment. Namjoon entered the room quietly and rested his head on your shoulder. He kissed your neck before looking at the room.

"It's so you." he whispered. You didn't know what he meant really. But maybe its simplicity and neatness.

"Thanks. But I do miss my shrine though." you shrugged. You did wonder why he didn't bring it to your room right away but left it in the living room.

"Speaking of which, let's go open up presents." Namjoon said into your neck. You looked outside, it was already dark. The streetlights were a blur through your curtains like a camera out of focus but just enough to bring that nostalgic feeling. He held your hand tightly and ran out to the living room like a kid on Christmas day. You laughed quietly at the tree. He did exactly what he had set out to do. Suho was the star and the other members were ornaments. The 'shrine' was right next to the tree, the albums stacks neatly in order. There were a few little boxes perfectly wrapped underneath the Christmas tree. There was also a large flat box leaning against the wall, it was the size of a 40" tv.

He sat you down in front of the tree and took a seat directly beside you. Your matching pajamas rubbing against each other. You started with the smaller boxes. He tore open his first gift, it was a customized keychain that can be linked to his phone so that he can easily locate them. He got shy at how you remember the numerous times he has 'misplaced' them. He handed you the silver wrapped box the size of a shoe box and what a surprise, he got you shoes. Brown leather boots that goes up to your ankle with fur trimmings on top. He moved on to his next present.

"Y/N, you did not!" he exclaimed as he pulled all of the filter papers out. When he reached the content, his hands were shaking.

"Of course I did." you laughed.

"You're the best person ever." He put the headphones on, admiring its fit on his head. His finger trailing his name engraved on the side of the handle. "I've been waiting this since forever. Thank you so much." He lunged up from his position and tackled you to the floor, smothering you with kisses.

"Can we just stay like this?" you asked him, your finger poking his dimples. He kissed the top of your nose and pulled you up.

"You got one final present though." he said. It was time for the tv size box. He lifted it with ease so either the present is paper weight or Kim Namjoon is very built. You eyed him warily. He held it in place as you tore the wrapping off. Underneath was a box, the lids still closed. You blushed immediately when you saw the content.

"Kim Namjoon, I have so many questions right now." you said quietly, your eyes still on it. He laughed and helped you pull it out and held it in front of him. It was a frame picture, the model looked directly at the camera, his forest black hair combed all the way back, revealing his precious forehead. Both of his veiny hands were by his face, covering about 90% of his plump lips. Rings decorated his slender fingers, the same rings he's wearing right now. "You're so pretty." you said, your eyes getting watery. When he saw your reaction, he started laughing.

 When he saw your reaction, he started laughing

"Thank you, treasure. I worked hard to convince Yoongi to convince his company to let me do this photoshoot."

"I'm going to hang this up right now. This is seriously the best present ever."

"Are you sure? There's nothing that can top this?" he asked.

"Nothing!" you shook your head in determinations."Look inside, there's still one more thing." You did as told, underneath the layer of paper was indeed something else. Another framed photo.

"Please don't tell me you're naked." you teased. He rolled his eyes. You swiped the papers away and saw the familiar 9 faces, but there was something extra. "EXO signed this?" you yelled. Namjoon nodded arrogantly, anticipating you to jump up and down which you were on the inside. But you laid the box down and stood up, taking his portrait away from him and then putting that down. He was confused but was perfectly content when you kissed him. Slowly, with your hands cupping his face. His hands moved to support your waist. Both of you started moving backwards, to where the couch was. Namjoon let his body falling on the cushion, pulling you with him.

"Thank you." you told him. "But you're still the best. You're the only one I need."

"How is it possible that you make me so damn happy?" he grinned. He ran his hand through your hair, relaxing you with every movement. Eventually, the two of you fell asleep wrapped in each other's arms.