Chapter 15

For the weekend, Yuqi suggested going to a carnival that's the school was having. Since you had nothing planned for that night, you agreed. She wore a dress with tights with a long coat while you were jeans and a puffy turtleneck, your hair in a bun. As you were fixing your hair, you noticed the scar on your hand from the wound. It's been more than a week since the incident, and you've been trying to forget it.

You would still go to to Seol's class, but you asked her to move you to a different table, which she understood. So you ended up sitting in the back by yourself. Namjoon tried so many times to talk to you during class or after. But you would walk faster to get away from him, or not go in places that you knew he would be. You've been distancing yourself from him, and consequently, the rest of the boys as well. It was wrong of you, but you weren't ready to face him. He was still in love with Seol and knowing that you didn't hurt her wouldn't change anything. And over time, he'll forget about you and hopefully you'll forget your feelings for him too.

Yuqi got out of the bathroom, looking like a doll. She grabbed her car keys and intertwined your arms as you walked out to the car. It was nice to be with her, your best friend. You still haven't told her the truth about what happened that day and she was respectful by not pressing it on you. You did tell her about your father and she cried with you. She said that you'll never turn into your mother and there will be a guy out there that loves you the way you deserve. You told her not to worry as you would be focusing more on yourself from now on.

The school was lit up in all corners, lanterns and fairy lights everywhere. Your smile grew as you got closer to the gate. Before you could go inside, her hand yanked you back.

"What? I want to get to the caramel apple before they run out." you whined.

"Stop being a pig, we have to wait for people." she said, looking at her phone.

"Who? I thought it would be just us tonight." you said in confusions. Instead of answering you, she lifted her chin to the front, your eyes following her. You exhaled when you saw the group approaching. They were dressed casually, with light jackets. There was a group of girls that walked passed them and was clearly checking them out. It never occured to you how handsome they are collectively. They look cute everytime you see them in different contexts, but with them all together, they gave out a mature and intimidating vibe. Every member with their own unique charms. You looked away before you could look at him in particulars, but he was there and would always be there. They continued to walk towards you two.

"Sorry we're late." Jungkook said, giving you his bunny smile.

"What's wrong, Y/N? You don't look happy to see us." Taehyung asked.

"Well it seemed like your girlfriend has failed to mention that I would be seeing your lovely faces tonight." you said sarcastically. Taehyung and Yuqi both blushed, it made the group laugh.

"Do you not want us here then?" Jimin asked.

"Don't be ridiculous. I enjoy your presence. Well, some of them at least." you said, whispering that last part. Despite what he did, it would be wrong to make him feel more guilty than he already has. At the same time you can't hide your own anger. You turned to walk away, the group following. Namjoon made his way to the front to stand by your side. Your heart threatened to beat loudly, you breathe in and out loudly to calm it down.

"Y/N, can we talk?" he asked quietly so that only you would hear. You walked straight on, ignoring his question. Jungkook suggested playing some games first before getting some food. You guys started off with throwing a baseball at some empty cans. Only Seokjin managed to knock the tower over and won an alpaca. He said it was because of his good looks. Next was shooting a balloon. Taehyung was really fired up because Hoseok said he wanted the flamingo. When Taehyung won it, they embraced for a good 5 minutes. Before dinner, Jungkook really wanted to do the hammer game to show everyone his strength. He got up near the machine, and started craning his neck. He started flexing a little before grabbing the hammer. The group was laughing at how ridiculous he looks but when the hammer went over his head, all of your jaws dropped. The hammer came down hard and the little ball flew all the way up. Dink, you heard the bell. Jungkook jumped up and down when he won the inflatable hammer.

As you were walking to the food area, you walked past a booth with a giant bear. "Woah, I want one." you said to yourself. It was ring tossing, and you knew you would never win. Just as you left, you saw Namjoon walking forward and handing the employee some money. The employee then handed him two buckets of rings. "What are you doing?" you asked.

"Winning you the bear." he answered, eyes focusing on the game ahead.

"You don't have to. It's impossible."

"Shut up. You're getting that bear." You felt yourself blushing. The group had gathered around to watch. They were also cheering for their brother. It felt like they were racing cars or something. He continued tossing, the rings missing the bottlenecks every single time. He was getting anxious, and sweaty. Your arm automatically reached for him to calm him down, but you stopped yourself. It was coming down to ⅓ of the last bucket. His every move became more precise and by the end, he managed to get 10 rings on the necks. He jumped and turned around to show you his wide smile and dimples. For a moment, you smiled back at him, but stopped soon after. He straightened himself and gave you the prize.

"Thanks." you said. He nodded and continue to walk by your side. Dinner consisted of tteokbokki and caramel apple. It wasn't the best that you've ever had, but being together with your friends meant the world to you. The group sat down on the grass near the food truck. Jimin's phone rang and he was excited to answer the text message.

"Is it her?" Yoongi asked. The younger nodded his head rapidly.

"Go get her and bring her here." Hoseok said. Again, Jimin nodded his head and ran away. "Lisa just got here." he explained to you and Yuqi.

"Ah, love, that must be nice." Seokjin said. Yoongi slapped his shoulder.

"What am I then?" he asked in a disappointed voice.

"Shut up, all you do is sleep. You never spend time with me."

"I think you should save this for couples therapy." you said, trying to hold in your laugh. When Lisa got there, you all introduced yourselves. Jimin was a ball of happiness and you couldn't see his eyes as they disappeared from his smile. Lisa was lovely, and bright. She was way more beautiful up close and you felt lacking comparing to her a d Yuqi. They belong in a whole other world. After talking for a bit, she suggested going on the ferris wheel before it closes. The problem was that it was small thing specifically for couples, so you would have to go in pairs. The order was somehow decided by who you're standing close with and in the end, you ended up with Namjoon because he wouldn't leave your side.

He gave you a hand to go inside, which you didn't take. The wheel began moving, and it shook the carrier a little and you clutched onto your seat. Namjoon instantly reached out to you, but retracted his hand. You looked outside, onto the campus below in order to not look at him.

"Y/N, please talk to me." he said.

"There's nothing to talk about. If you're sorry, then it's fine. I don't blame you."

"But I do. I was such an idiot. And I have something else to tell you too."

"I'm not ready to hear it. And besides, the ride is almost over." When you arrived at the top, the wheel suddenly stopped, the lights also vanished. The lights all around the carnivals had also disappeared.