Chapter 23

"Do you really have to go back?" he whined. He swung your hand back and forth like a kid. Since he was much taller than you, and his arms were longer, it made your own arm sore afterwards.

"Joonie, you've asked me that the whole car ride over here and the answer is still yes." you answered, giving your boyfriend a quick kiss on the cheek. He looks cute when he's whiny.

"But I'll miss you." he said as he rolled your suitcase to the front door. You had Yuqi's bag in your other hand.

"You'll see me at school. And your apartment is literally a 15 minute walk from my house." you chuckled.

"But that's not enough. And it's not fair. We literally started dating yesterday and now we have to part ways." He faked a cry. You didn't know whether you should kick him or hug him. So you did both. The call came this morning that your apartment was fixed with the proper security installed. The robber had already been caught a few days earlier as well. So you had to go back. Yuqi had classes and since it's Friday, you and Namjoon volunteered, well more like forced, to bring everything back. Namjoon was not happy when that call came. If it was up to him, you would never have to leave their apartment. But the boys did need their privacies.

"Maybe it's a sign." you teased. "The universe just doesn't want us to be together."

"Fuck the universe." he yelled. It was almost too loud. There was a lady that just exited the elevator with her young daughter and she gave Namjoon a glare. Namjoon bowed down to apologize, he was very flustered. You unlocked the apartment with the new security code and entered. The living room was clean, spotless. There were no signs of a burglary or that people had been there at all. The lamps were replaced and the glasses were sweeped. It made you felt at ease. You rolled Yuqi's suitcase into her room and was about to get yours, but Namjoon had already went ahead to your room. You definitely didn't want him to see your room. Not that you had anything to hide, but there was a part of you that you weren't ready to share with your significant other.

He stood in front of the pushed back door, taking everything in. His eyes scanned the room numerous times, right to left, right to left. But then he paused on one specific section and stared at it for a good 2 minutes. He nodded slowly before entering. You nervously followed behind him. You tried to get your suitcase and acted like everything was normal.

"I know you like EXO, but why is there a shrine in your room?" he asked, walking up to that section.

"It's not a shrine, pabo. It's just a bookshelf." It was a tall white book shelf with obviously books and some albums. You couldn't afford all of the albums and merchandise, so you got some posters as well. With fairy lights wrapped around the frame like grape vines.

"With all their photos, framed." he said, sounding astonished.

"So I'm a dedicated fan, sue me. And don't act as if you don't have Tinashe as your phone wallpaper and I saw that poster of her in your closet."

"Oh boy." he sighed, taking a seat on the bed while you hung up your clothes.

"You signed up for this, loverboy. It's too late to back out now." you chuckled. You turned your attention back to the closet. You needed to go shopping eventually, maybe for a good Christmas outfits. You were absorbed in your thoughts when you felt a pair of hands slithering around your waist. Then his head rested on your small shoulder.

"I never want to back out. Not now, not ever." he whispered. His low voice made your insides melt. But then he kissed the back of your neck and you had to stop your body from going weak. "But now I think I know what to get for your birthday."

"EXO tickets?" you asked.

"Definitely not." he scoffed.

"What the hell? You promised though."

"Well, maybe that was just a bribe for you to like me..."

"You sly fox. I hate you." You elbowed huis stomach and he grunted.

"I'm much better than them anyways." he yelled. "Well, maybe I'm not as good looking or talented as them but I just want you to look at me and only me." he said in a much quieter voice. It made your heart ache. He backed up and sat on the bed, staring down at his feet. You turned around and lowered yourself to look at him. Your hand lifting up his chin.

"Hey now, what happened to my confident and cocky boyfriend?" you asked. "I don't care about them. I mean I do, but I don't care about them the way I do with you. Okay?" He nodded shyly. "And honestly, you're much more handsome than them. I mean, have you seen your thighs?" He laughed out loud. The next thing you know, he pulled you up on to your bed. His hands wrapped gently yet protectively around your body. Your head naturally found its way to his chest. You breath in his scent and let your eyes closed. The sunlight filtered through the blinds. The patterns falling on the end of your bed. He light stroke your hair and you traced the outline of his back with your finger. The jean material of his jacket was rough but once you found the natural direction of the threads, it felt satisfying.

"I wish you could stay at my apartment." he said.

"As much as I love the boys, I don't think I can handle Jungkook and Taehyung screaming at each other anytime one of them loses in Overwatch." you giggled.

"Yeah, they can be loud sometimes." he sighed. "But I'll miss taking you home everyday and eating dinner with you."

"We can still do that every once in a while.We have a long future ahead of us, right?"

"Forever, if that's okay with you."

"How do you know it'll be forever?"

"I don't want to think about any other possibilities. There will be hardships, I can't promise to take away all of your problems and you probably wouldn't be able to take away all of mine. But we'll try and we'll stay by each other's side. And we'll wipe each other's sweat and tears. And I will never leave you, that's the most important thing."

"Thank you. It sounds silly to say that to my boyfriend. But really, your words make me feel at ease."

"Anything for you, my treasure, I love you." he said.

"I...I-"

"Y/N, you don't have to force yourself to say it just because I did. It doesn't mean you like me any less, I know fully how much you care about me. You can say it when you feel comfortable, okay?" he said. He stared into your eyes. His eyes was a galaxy. The stars in them glimmered every time he blinks. They dilated as he moved closer to you.

"You're the best."

"I know." he declared. Namjoon began telling you some stories about the boys. How he broke the frying pan. How Seokjin ran away from a talent agency because he thought it was a scam. How Jungkook freezes every time he talks to girls. Or the time Hoseok swears he's into girls but everyone's pretty sure he has a thing for Yoongi. It didn't take long for you to fall asleep. He noticed your lack of response. His thumb grazed your cheeks. His eyes taking in all of your small details. The dark circle under your eyes, some of your pimples. Then his thumb rubbed over your lips, those that belong only to him.

"You're so precious to me." he whispered. He kissed the top of your nose and then joined you in the slumber.