Chapter 22

Night time has fallen by the time you guys got back to the apartment. After the tearful confessions, you decided to stay inside the room while he works on some assignments. Every once in awhile, you would look up and admire your hard working boyfriend. There was a special charm to him when he's working. His concentration would be on that one thing and he would tilt his head back and forth. Sometimes his jaws would tighten which made you giggle like a schoolgirl. He never stopped telling you he loves you in the car, and he never took his eyes off of you, which made driving a little but unsafe. A part of him was scared that everything would shatter and you would run away if he lets go of your hand.

"That morning, I went to meet with Yugyeom. It wasn't hard to find him, he was always bugging Bambam somewhere in the courtyard." You giggled at his description. He's telling you about what he said to Yugyeom. He didn't want to tell you the story because it was pretty embarrassing but you insisted. "He was pretty freaked out when he saw me. I didn't know why. It could be because Jungkook has mentioned my crush on you before. I asked him about his plans for that night, which I already knew of course. He tried to play it off saying it was just dinner with a friend, but I could see his intentions. He's a sweet kid, let me tell you, but I knew he wouldn't be serious. Not like I am with you. So I told him it would do him good to not go to that dinner. When he asked me why, I simply answered 'Because she's mine.' That shut him right up."

"And you didn't hurt him, right?"

"Of course not. I'm better than that."

"Wow, aren't you cool?" you said sarcastically. You looked down at your intertwined hands and smiled. He noticed and pick them up to kiss yours. But then he lets go of them. You can still feel the sensation of his hand.

"Well, you are dating me afterall, so I'd say you have good taste in men." he said as he opened the car door for you to get out. He as done it a few times before, but this time, your heart wanted to explode. As he closed the door, his hand wrapped around your waist, pulling you closer to him. It was a little hard to walk, but neither of you minded at all. The sky was clear tonight, no clouds in sight. Moonlight glittering the path up to the apartment building.

"Speaking of which, how are we going to tell everyone?" you asked.

"Hm, good question. Should we mess with them?" His eyebrow lifted and he gave a mischievous smile.

***

"I can't fucken believe you!" Namjoon yelled. He slammed the door as you stormed inside the apartment. Everyone was home, naturally, all waiting for dinner. At the sound of the loud noise, Jungkook, Tae and Yuqi all got out of the room to observe what was happening. All holding game controllers. Seokjin was on the couch with Yoongi while Jimin and Hoseok were playing a card game in the kitchen. UNO, from the looks of it, and Hoseok was definitely winning. But they dropped their cards when they heard the door slamming.

"Me? You're the cause of all of your problems." you yelled back. You turned around to look at him but quickly looked away or else you would not be able to stop yourself from laughing.

"What's going on?" Seokjin asked. He stood up to walk in between you two to hopefully alleviate some tensions. Or in case one of you tries to lunge at the other.

"I don't know. Ask him! I'm done with this. I'm done with this place." You threw your hands up in frustration and headed for the room. Seokjin and Yuqi quickly followed you into the room as well. Outside, the rest of the boys gathered around Namjoon to ask what happened. He dismissed the questions because the two of you really didn't settle on a good backstory.

"Y/N, what are you doing?" Yuqi asked. You were just starting to pack all of your belongings.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" you asked, trying to sound angry still but inside, you were dying of laughter.

"Sweetie, what happened with the two of you? You were kind of fine this morning." Seokjin said. He placed a hand on yours to stop you from continuing.

"Oppa, I appreciate all that you did for us. Please continue to look after Yuqi for me when I'm not around."

"Y/N, where are you gonna go?" Yuqi asked. You could hear the hurt in her voice.

"I'm sorry, Yu. I just need to clear my head for a bit. I'll be at a hotel until our apartment is ready." You heaved up the luggage and went outside. The group looked over in your direction, even Namjoon seemed surprised that you brought your your suitcase. Jungkook's eyes went wider.

"Y/N, what are you doing?" he asked, running up to you.

"I'm sorry Kook, I'm done with this place."

"I'm sure whatever happened, we can fix this. Just please don't leave." Then he looked back at Namjoon and pleaded. "Hyung, please say something. Convince her to stay."

"Why should I?" Namjoon replied. "She's been nothing but a nuisance for us, for me specifically."

"Fine, I'm leaving!" you yelled back at him.

"Fine by me! I don't even know why I liked you in the first place. Thank god I don't feel that way anymore." He scoffed. This was the first thing that really did something to you. He did mention that he might say some nasty things but you really thought you would be able to handle it.

Your throat was becoming a knot and unknowingly, you let a tear fall. Jungkook froze, so did everyone, it seemed. But Namjoon sprinted, pushing the group away, and then Jungkook, to stand right in front of you.

"My love, are you okay?" He lowered his head to meet you eye to eye. They were filled with worries. His hand moved to wipe your tears away. You nodded to answer him. He sighed out of relief. "I'm sorry I said those things. I don't mean any of them, alright?" Again you nodded. By now the group of people had gathered around you two.

"Care to explain?" asked Yoongi.

"Um, surprised?" you said. You tried giving them a teeth smile, but none of them seemed pleased.

"I almost had a heart attack because of you two. Don't ever do that again. I was rooting for you two." Hoseok said, placing both hands on his heart.

"Sorry oppa." you said nervously.

"So what's really going on here? Are you two a thing?" Taehyung asked.

"She's my girlfriend now." Namjoon decolare, holding up your hand in victory. You blushed and tried hiding your face.

"Fucken finally." Literally everyone said that at the exact same time. You didn't realize your love life was such a spectacle but you were glad that everyone seemed to be happy. And you were the happiest of them all.

"C'mon, let's go eat now." said Jin. He ushered everyone to the kitchen. "Tonight, I'm serving looks." he said confidently, then blew a kiss at the group.

"I've been starving for 3 days hyung." Jimin said.

"You brat, I fed you this morning." Everyone took their usual seats and began eating after Seokjin revealed where he was hiding the food. He said he has to find a special spot or else the maknae line would finish the food before dinner time. Namjoon said next to you, of course. He smiled at you non-stop while stacking food on your bowl. You did the same to him and everyone cringed when they saw the scene.

Jungkook's phone buzz. He glanced at it and then gave Namjoon a weird look. "Hyung, why did Yugyeom just texted me that you threaten to kick his ass if he went out with Y/N?"