Chapter 30

Namjoon eventually woke up first, feeling his arm was numb. But he didn't dare move as you were still asleep, lying peacefully on top of him with his arm supporting your back. He could stop staring at you. Although he has taken naps with you before, nothing can quite match this feeling. The feeling of living together, alone, and facing the world together. Outside, the city was still alive. Some car honkings and swerving down on the streets below. The wall clock read 2:34 am.

He debated whether he should wake you or not since being on the couch wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world. And also because he had been wanting to sleep with you. Before the apartment was completed, you guys were still back at your old places. The nerves kept him up most nights. At the same time, he doesn't want to rush you. Buying the apartment without your knowledge had already been a gamble and the last thing he wanted was for you to feel uncomfortable.

After arguing with his other voices, he lifted you up carefully and moved to his room. He treaded lightly in the hallway, careful to not bump your legs into anything. You naturally spread your body down on the mattress once he puts you down. He smiled when he saw how perfectly you fit in with his room, he only wishes that you were a permanent part of it. He let his body fall next to you, and draped the blanket over you two. He had left about a foot of space in between you two, his fingers lingering where your hand was laying flat. You continued sleeping peacefully, but the figure next to you was stirring, his heart beating out of his chest. He wanted to touch you, he wanted to kiss you, he wanted all of you. But he will give you time. So for now, he'll just hold your small cold hand.

"Merry Christmas, my Y/N." he said softly, he was on his side, facing you. He began memorizing every one of your features. The way your hair falls on the pillow, your nose as it peeks out from blanket. The veins on hand. He got shy thinking how you were probably stronger than him and at some point, he will lose in a pillow fight.

The sun eventually woke up, little lights bursting through the window. Namjoon didn't sleep all night, he was afraid that he would start rolling around and hurt you in the process. But he didn't feel an ounce of tiredness. The moment he saw you stirring awake, a giant smile plastered on his face. You were still refusing to open your eyes, but then you felt him planted small kisses on your cheek. You swatted him away and turned your back towards him, wanting to sleep a little longer. He continued by poking your back. You were lost in your little world but then bolted up.

"Am I in your room?" you asked Namjoon, who was fully awake with a smile on his face.

"Yes? Is that a problem?" he asked, feeling a bit nervous that it might not have been the best choice.

"Um, well, no. I guess I just wasn't ready." you said quietly, pulling your knees to your chest. He felt his heart sinking to his stomach. He had rushed you into something again and you would surely have some resentment towards him. He tried reaching out for you, but thought you needed some space. "Did I do anything weird during the night?" you asked.

"What?"

"I have weird sleeping tendencies and I didn't want you to be, weirded out by them."

"Is that what you were worried about?" he asked, laughing out of relief when you nodded. He sat up and pulled you into his chest. "Why would be weirded out? I love you. And to answer your question, no, you didn't do anything."

"Maybe it's just tonight. I tend to sleep talk, or kick. I'll have to work on them for a few more years before we can sleep on the same bed."

"A few more years?" he asked loudly and then shaking his head with all his might. "No, no. I can deal with both of those things so you can move in immediately." You laughed at his eagerness, a part of you found it hard to believe that another human could love your presence this much. He wrapped his arms around you and pulled you back to bed, this time, he was not hesitant at all about touching you.