Chapter 11

"Y/N!" Namjoon yelled as he got into the dining hall. You looked up, the man was running towards you, bumping into other students yet he seemed to not care about anyone else.

"Yes, Joonie?" you hummed. He groaned at the nickname you gave him. Everyone else thought it was cute, but they didn't know about the nature of your relationship. One time Hoseok told you to ask him out since you two seem to be getting along well. You just laughed it off.

"Shut up." he said. He took a seat at the table, catching his breath. You were there with Yuqi, Jungkook, and Taehyung. The four of you were discussing about Yuqi's internship, to see if she should go back. After the accident, she didn't dare tell her parents or else they would force her to move back home. The company offered compensation and a less dangerous position.

"Hyung, are you alright?" Jungkook asked. Namjoon nodded quickly, a giant grin on his face as he turned towards you.

"I finished!" he exclaimed.

Your face morphed into disgust. The rest of the table was also in awe as Namjoon was done with his sentence."Um, good for you? Why would you tell me something like that-" He flick your forehead hard. You clutched your head and pouted at him.

"You pervert. I'm talking about the song." he yelled. He then rolled his eyes dramatically.

"Song?" you asked, taking a bite of your sandwich.

"The one that you helped me with, pabo. Crystal Snow. I'm done with it." His eyes sparkled. His dimples jumping up and down in their places. His smile was radiant. It was truly a beautiful sight.

"Oh, I see." you tried to muster up a cheery tone.

Namjoon sighed, noticing your act. "I want to show it to you." he said, his tone softer now, as if he knew the weight of his words on you.

"Now?" you asked. He nodded his head. You looked at your watch, it would be another hour before your next class. Yuqi said that she would be okay with the boys. She even winked at you as you grabbed your stuff to go. As promised, you told noone about Namjoon's crush, not even your own best friend. She truly believes that there's still a chance between you and Namjoon, so does the rest of the group.

Namjoon led you to a different building, which you presume to be the music hall because of the huge music notes carved on the side of the building. You continued to follow him into a room with double doors. He push the doors open. Your jaws dropped immediately. The ceiling was high, windows all around. The fresh yellow light from outside filling the room, illuminating the grand piano that was in the center of the room.

"Namjoon, it's beautiful." you said, your eyes getting teary. He chuckled and walked over to the grand piano, taking a seat at the bench. He gestured for you to sit next to him. Your fingers glazed over every keys, feeling their coolness.

"Do you know how to play?" Namjoon asked.

"I think I would break this before I could play 3 notes." you said, removing your fingers quickly to not hurt the instrument.

"Ah, that reminds me of my first year here. I thought a key was out of tune, so I tried fixing it. It ended with the piano crashing to the floor." You laughed hard, your laugh echoing through the room.

"Are you sure it's a good idea for you to touch this then?" you asked. He shrugged.

"If this breaks, I'll blame it on you." You punched his shoulder, and he faked a cry. He then coughed and moved both hands on top of the keys. His fingers move elegantly and effortlessly. The tune was mesmerizing, every notes, every chords. But your heart stopped when he began singing.

Like snow piles up, I remember what you gave me

You gave me the courage to live

We met each other beyond all time

So now how do we do? Can we make it work?

This fragile love

The world moves faster than we thought

How we gonna change it?

We don't know yet but for sure we will

Love in our hearts, uh yeah

Slowly started to grow

I want to hold you one more time before you disappear

Ah, crystal flies high wherever it goes

Hey, there's nothing else I want, I just want to feel a little more

Can I touch your heart?

I want to touch it but it keeps slipping through my fingers, someday, someday

When he stopped, he exhaled and looked at you. A look on his shock on his face. "Oh my gosh, Y/N, are you okay?"

"What?" you said once you got back to reality. Your eyes were burning and your cheeks felt wet. Namjoon dug something out of his backpack. He wiped your cheeks gently with his handkerchief. You were stunned by his action, it seems like he doesn't even know himself what he's doing.

"Are you okay?" he asked again once your cheeks were dried.

"That was... so amazing."

"Thanks. But there's more to it, isn't there?"

You hate how he knew you so well. Even if he hasn't known you for long, he has picked up what your habits are. "It's just silly." you laughed a little.

"Tell me."

"I just wish someone would write me a song like this. It must feel so warm. I mean, I felt so much love coming from the song. Seol is going to love it."

"I, I actually wrote it for you." Namjoon said. You felt your heart stopping once again, but it slowly began beating increasing pace as the seconds pass. You didn't dare to look at him, afraid to break the dream that you were in. "Y/N. Say something."

"But you still like Seol. I can feel it. Isn't that right?"

"I-I don't know, I think I'm starting to like you."

"You like the idea of me. Because then it prevents you from chasing after her. You're a coward, Namjoon. If she is the person you love, then go to her. Tell her you love her, hold her like she's your world."

"Y/N," he said, trying to take your hand. "Do you still like me?"

You shook his hand off, and shaking your head."It doesn't matter. It never did. Namjoon, I cannot be second best. I'd rather be nothing at all to you than be good enough. I want to be the only one. And I know you'll never feel that for me."

He was silence, you couldn't blame him. Wiping the rest of your tears away, you cleared your throat. "Nonetheless, it's a beautiful song that should be heard. You should play this for her." Namjoon looked up at you, eyes lost.

"Are you sure?" he asked after a few minutes.

"That's what you set out to do in the first place, right?" He nodded slowly. Then he grabbed his backpack and left the room. He was running to her, but you wished he would hold you instead.