Chapter 6

When class ended, you were one of the last people to leave. Everyone had bolted for the door as soon as the hur striked. You bowed to Seol and walked out the door. But before you reached the doors leading to outside, you felt your body being yanked. And before you know it, you were inside a custodial closet. The door closed behind you, and you heard it locking. You screamed with your lungs, but a hand quickly covered your mouth. You stomped on their foot. The person grunted but continue to hold you steadily.

"Shut up! It's just me." Your eye finally focused on Namjoon's figure in front of you.

"Like that's gonna make me feel better." you snapped. "What the hell are you doing?"

"I-I just-just wanted to talk to you about earlier." he stuttered.

"Earlier?" You thought back to when you had said he liked Seol. He didn't say anything, he withdrew from the class discussions. You just thought he had grew too annoyed with you to put up with anything you say. At the same time, he didn't deny what you said, which would have been easy for him to do if it wasn't true.

"Please keep it a secret from the boys." he whispered. The room was vacant besides the two of you and it was at the end of the day, no one would be walking that hallway. There was no reason for him to whisper but this was one of the rare moment where he's vulnerable. "Please, I haven't told them yet."

"Why not? Not that it's any of my business, but I'm sure they would understand."

"I know they would, but I think it's just that I'm not ready to admit it yet." he shrugged. It was a pure emotion, like a schoolboy with his crush.

"I see." You can kind of understand from your crush on him. But at the same time, it felt wrong to hear your crush admitting that he likes someone else.

"So you'll keep the secret." he said.

You hummed, "I never said that." Then you unlocked the door and walked out. But once again, he yanked you back inside the room. "Stop doing that!"

"You need to promise me first."

"You know, we could have a nice normal conversation about this like normal human beings and yet here we are, in the closet."

"What do you want from me in order for you to promise me?" he asked again, this time more desperate. You dropped the funny act and gulped. There wasn't anything you particularly wanted from him. You would have promised with or without anything in returns. But right now, you have him in the palm of your hand, it would be a crime to not ask anything of him.

You cleared your throat. "I'll think about it. In the mean times, just be nicer to me."

"That's all you want?"

"Yeah, we're classmate and friends, I think. We should at least greet each other with a smile." you answered, nodding your head slowly. A look appeared on his face, amused. He chuckled. Friends was not a word he would use to describe your relationship, but he'll go with it so that you would keep it a secret.

"Fine. Have a nice day Y/N." he said in an exaggerated tone.

"You too, lover boy." you smirk before leaving the room, for good this time.

***

"Y/N, are you okay?" Yuqi asked at dinner.

"Yeah, why?" you asked in return.

"Because you've been holding your chopsticks in midair for five minutes. And you've been spacing out for all of dinner too. Does the food not taste good?" On the dining room table were plenty of dishes that you like. Yuqi cooks as a hobby so there was never a meal with her that you weren't full.