Chapter 20

You glanced at your watch, 7:33. There was still no sign of him. The restaurant was slowly filling in, from couples to families. The walls had black and white photos of France. But they weren't the usual, cliche locations. But the countryside, normal people, homechefs. It was a very homely feeling. The hem of your dress was tickling your legs when a slight breeze blew through it. Your empty glass laid on the table, the ice clinking against each other. The waiter came back to refill your water and asked if you would like to order.

"I'm going to wait just a bit longer." you told him. He gave you a pitiful nod before moving onto the next table. Yous sighed. It was unlike Yugyeom to invite you some place with just the two of you and then not showing up. When you talked to Jungkook about it this morning, he said that there was a small possibility that Yugyeom has developed a crush on you. You had been practicing in your head how to tell him that there was already someone else in your heart.

There was a line at the door, people were anxious to get a taste of the new place in town. You looked at the time again, 8:15. You cursed yourself for not asking Jungkook for Yugyeom's phone number. And Jungkook had a study session tonight so he wouldn't be able to answer your call. After another 10 minutes, you got up and left. The next couple in line was thrilled to have a seat, but their hearts ached for your lonely night. You drove home in Yuqi's car in silence, thinking about how nothing ever works out with you. Sure, you had no intention of moving things in a romantic direction with Yugyeom, but the thought that he would ditch you was still painful. You just wanted to be wanted.

It was past dinner time when you got back to the apartment, Jimin and Yoongi were washing the dishes while Hoseok was wiping down the table. Namjoon and Seokjin sat on the sofa watching the news, well Namjoon was reading a book while Seokjin was describing what was happening. Occasionally Namjoon would nod to give the older some satisfaction. Since yesterday, he still hasn't said anything to you. He drove you to school and disappeared for the day. You were glad that at least he's home now. Yuqi and Taehyung were nowhere in sight, probably at the movies like the mentioned this morning.

"Hey, how was dinner?" Jimin asked when he saw you. He was done with the last plate and handed it to Yoongi to dry. The elder grinned when everything was completed. From the distance, it was really hard to tell who was taller than who, although Jimin claims that he's one centimeter taller.

You shrugged, kicking your shoes off. "I wouldn't call a glass of water dinner." you answered, there was a clear sadness in your voice. Everyone else also noticed, Seokjin turned the volume on the TV down. Namjoon closed his book gently.

"What happened?" Hoseok asked. The rest of the boys dragged you to the couch and forced you to sit down.

"He didn't show up." you said bluntly. Your head leaned back into the couch. Yoongi patted your shoulder.

"Don't think about it too much. It's his loss." he said.

"It's fine, it wasn't a big deal. I guess."

"Oh, you must be starving then." Seokjin exclaimed. "Jiminie, Yoon, Seokie, come help me get dinner ready for Y/N." He got off the other couch and ushered the boys into the kitchen.

"What the hell? You could do it yourself." Yoongi groaned, his feet still on the couch.

"Nonsense, I need all the help I can get." Seokjin answered. Both of him and Jimin began carrying Yoongi away. Hoseok just laughed and walked on ahead into the kitchen.

"Then why isn't Namjoon coming with us?" he whined again.

"Because I just bought a new frying pan and I can't afford to buy another." With that, Yoongi shut up. The four of them began to move hastily in the kitchen. You could hear the stove turning on, the water running, the fridge opening a few times and Seokjin directing his soldiers to their designated cooking stations.

Namjoon placed his book on the table and moved off his couch to yours. There was about a foot of space between you two. He was holding back. "Are you okay?" he asked. It was quiet, only for you to hear.

"I'm fine." you said, looking down at your hands.

"Don't lie." he demanded. Again, you hated how he knew you so well. Though, considering the state that you're in, it wouldn't be an impossible guess.

"Fine. I'm not okay." you admitted, looking at him. Your eyes were red and he could see the tears forming. It took him aback, he wasn't expecting you to be crying.

"Did you really like him?"

"Not especially. But how would you feel if you thought someone wanted you but then just left, or in this case, not showing up at all?"

"Something tells me you're not talking about him."

"I had so much hope, Namjoon. When you told me that you might have feelings for me, I had hope. I didn't want to because I didn't want to be disappointed, but that small hope was still implanted in me. And I was okay that you still liked her, because you have every right to like whoever you want." By now, the tears were pouring out of you. "But that day, it was like I didn't even know who you were. I saw," you choked on the tears. "I saw my father, it was the same anger that he had."

Namjoon gasped quietly, realizing your real fears. He closed the space between you two, and wrapped his arms around you. Your head fit perfectly on his chest as your tears began to soak his shirt. He shushed your tears and ran a hand through your hair. "I'm so sorry, Y/N, I would never hurt you. Please believe me." He pulled back and cupped your face. He frowned when he saw the tears streak on your cheeks. With his hands, he pulled your face closer. You were confused and tired at what was happening, so you just went with it. Your eyes were closed, anticipating the contact. His nose touched your face first and it was cold. It sent chills down your spine.

"Y/N, dinner's ready." Seokjin yelled from the kitchen. Namjoon and you immediately pulled back from each other. You finally realized what was happening and blush immensely. You quietly walked into the kitchen. Namjoon had a grin on his face and went back to his book.

***

"Yah, Kim Yugyeom!" At the sound of his name, Yugyeom darted for the exit. It was too late, you had already caught up to him. It was the end of the day and you asked Jungkook where Yugyeom would be. You had waited for him for about half an hour. It wasn't that you were desperate, you just wanted answer.

"Oh, hey, Y/N." he said, looking anywhere but directly at you.

"Don't you 'hey Y/N' me. Care to explain what happened last night?" you asked, arms crossed. He said nothing in return and you weren't about to wait all day for an answer. "Look, it's fine if you weren't really interested, you can't just do that to girls or anyone, really."

"I was interested." he interjected. "I was so interested in you."

"Oh, okay..."

"But I was warned to stay away from you." he said. It took you by surprised. Not only was he really interested but the fact that someone made him stay away from you.

"Who?"

"I can't say." The first person you thought about was Jungkook. But it didn't seem like he would do something like that because he seemed fine with you going out to dinner with Yugyeom. In fact, everyone seemed happy for you. Seokjin was hesitant but that's only because Namjoon was being moody. The realization hits you as your mouth formed into an O. You burrowed your eyebrows.

"I'm going to kill him."