Chapter 17

It was past midnight, and you were restless in bed. You were in and out of sleep, moving from dreaming about EXO to consciousness. As comfy as the bed was, you just couldn't stop thinking about him. The proximity on the ferris wheel, the warmth of his body, his hot breath as he snuggled his head on yours. It's been a few days since then, and at school, he was always by your side if possible. He would talk to you like before, but more gentle, and he would not so subtly add compliments about you. You tried your hardest to ignore him.

As you were about to drift into dreamland again, you heard some rummaging from the outside. It could have been Yuqi getting a late night snack. But there was a crash, something fell off a great distance and broke. You sprinted out of bed and to the door, your heart was racing. The lights outside were off, but you could hear rapid movements. Yuqi's door was closed still, so it wasn't her. You prepared yourself with the baseball bat you kept by your door and walked out in the living room. There was a low muffled.

You knew immediately what the situation at hand is. The most important thing to do is to first make sure Yuqi was safe, which meant keeping the robber out in the living room. You cursed yourself for not having taken your phone with you to call the police. Luckily, Yuqi's parents installed a security switch that would contact the police if turned on. It was in the kitchen, you just had to make it there without being noticed.

You lowered your body to the ground and started crawling. Your eyes remained on the robbers as they moved between draws. It wouldn't be long before they start moving into the bedroom. The flashlight suddenly went your way and you froze.

"Shit." he yelled. "Where do you think you're going?" he asked as he approached you. The light was blinding in your eyes. You felt his hand pulling you up to your feet and soon your were hanging in the air. You tried to kick him off but his grip was tight. He then slapped your cheek to make you stop, but that made you kick him harder, in that sensitive area. He dropped you and clutched his pain. You took the opportunity to knock him off his feet and he met the floor with a stump. He scrambled, trying to collect him again. But, you punched him in the face, causing him to fall down once again. Just as you were about to land another knockout punch, he pulled out a threatening weapon from his back pocket.

"No so tough not, are you?" The gun was pointed straight at your face. You were terrified, but tried to remain calm in order to calculate how to take the man down. Both of his hands were on the pistol, which meant he had no formal training. You just needed the grab his hand and twist the gun out of his grip. It should be easy enough. But that was when Yuqi exited her room in a rush and enter the battlefield. The robber noticed your horror and turned his gun towards her instead. Yuqi's little body stiffened and she began to cry silently. This was your biggest fear.

"Just take the money, please." you begged. The robber laughed.

"No, thank you. I see that this is heiress to GQ. I think a ransom would be much more, don't you think?" He move closer to her. There wasn't much time to think about what to do so you did the first thing you could think of. You ran to them, holding his hands up and he began firing at the ceiling. With all your strength, you held the gun up until all the bullets ran out. After that, you kicked him to the ground. Yuqi went to the kitchen to turn on the alarm, which rang out seconds later. Upon hearing that, the robber pushed you off and ran for the door. You tried going after him, but Yuqi held you back.

"Are you okay?" you asked.

"I should be asking you that! How can you be so reckless? You could have died!" She pulled you for a hug, a tight one. Her head rested on your shoulder as she sobbed. You padded her head gently. When you turned on the light for the living room, you saw the rough shape that it was in. The lamps were smashed and papers scattered the floor. The sofa was flipped over. It's surprising that you both slept through most of it. The door seemed to have had no damage, so he could have hacked it open. The police came soon afterwards and took both of our statements. They helped us pack some stuff and advise us to not stay at the apartment for a few days until the robber has been caught. The alarm company will also be coming over to set up a better system.

"Have you called your parents yet?" you asked after the police left and the mess had been cleaned. It took about an hour and you just wanted to fall asleep on the couch but you were terrified that the robber would come back to finish his job.

"About that..." she answered, turning to you and giving you a nervous smile.

You groaned. "Yuqi, you have to call them. We don't have a place to stay until everything is fixed. And neither of us can afford more than a night at a hotel." Hotels in the city would cost your entire paycheck just for one night. It would be too late to go anywhere else but a hotel.

"We don't have to go to a hotel. I have the perfect place and I already booked us." she said cheerfully. You thought about all the options that the two of you had and began shaking your head.

"If this place includes Snow White and the 6 dwarfs, no thank you."

"But...they're right outside to help us with our suitcases." When she finished that sentence, there was a knock on the door. It made you jumped. You glared at her while she went to open the door. A few seconds later, a hand was rolling your suitcase to the door.

"I can do it myself." you said when you reached him.

"Shut up, you're tired. Let me help you." Namjoon said back. You saw Yuqi giggling with Taehyung, they were hand in hand. "I can hold your hand too if you want." Namjoon whispered into your ears. They immediately turned red and you punched his shoulder. Once inside the elevator, Taehyung explained how he got the call from Yuqi and instantly got into his car, and Namjoon, of course, followed him.

"Remind me again why you didn't call your super rich parents?" you asked.

"Y/N, you know how protective they are. If they knew, they would force me to move back home. Or have a bodyguard at all time and I don't want that."

"But you do need protection. That guy knew you were an heiress." you argued.

"I know. But I have you to protect me."

"I'm not properly trained. You need someone better." Namjoon grabbed your hand and raised it up. "What are you doing?"
"Checking if you have any wounds." He scanned your body, and then traced your cheeks with his hand. Something tells you it wasn't him checking.

"I'm fine." you said, pulling your hand back to your side. The suitcases and the four of you packed into the car. Yuqi managed to fell asleep on your shoulder. Taehyung had to carry her up to their apartment.

"You can take our room, we'll sleep out in the living room." Namjoon said once you got to the apartment. Inside was still dark, you guessed the others were still sleeping.

"Aren't you rooming with Seokjin?" you asked.

"We switch sometimes. To keep things interesting." Taehyung answered.

"Oh, interesting." you repeated.

"Don't think anything weird, you pabo." Namjoon chuckled, flicking your forehead. When you got into the room, Yuqi was on Taehyung's bed which meant you had to sleep on Namjoon's. It was still warm and it smelled a lot like him. You couldn't tell if it was the fatigue or the scent, but you fell asleep instantaneously.