Chapter 24

The semester finally came to an end and you managed to complete all of your projects and received decent grades for them. Namjoon passed his classes with flying colors. He performed Waste It On Me, as he titled it, for his final project. He received many compliments from it. His professor even suggested sending a demo to some companies, which he did. Seol immediately saw your new relationship. Although Namjoon isn't fond of much PDA in public, it doesn't stop him from latching himself onto you literally anywhere. She was happy for you and told you that this would be her last year. She'll be going to the States with her brother to find a treatment for her conditions.

Seokjin's birthday had also passed. It wasn't a big party, he invited you all to a club. There was a lot of dancing and karaoke. Admittedly, everyone had such a beautiful voice. Maybe in another lifetime, they would form an idol group or something. Nonetheless, you were glad the universe put them together.

After her last class, Yuqi's family sent for a car to take her home for her mom's birthday later the week. You had promise to also go, but on the day of. Yuqi also invited Taehyung, which made sense since they finally made it official after you and Namjoon came out. Speaking of Namjoon, you had invited him over to the apartment for a movie night. Since the two of you had started dating, you haven't been out on a proper date yet because you were busy with finals. He agreed immediately.

At exactly 7, there was knock on the door. You scoffed, thinking about how he already knew the code to the door. He was wearing loose jeans, white shirt, a cardigan, and a black beanie. His ears were folded because of the beanie. His face lit up when he saw you and instantly engulfed you in a bear hug.

"I've missed you so much." he said into your neck.

"You saw me 4 hours ago, Namjoon."

"Shut up." He followed you into the living room, where you had already set up the couch with lots of pillows and blankets as well as snacks for throughout the night. He flopped down on the couch next to you, taking the liberty to wrap the two of you up in the blankets.

"What will be the feature for tonight?" he asked.

"Since Christmas is around the corner, how about Mean Girls?" The movie popped up on the screen.

He scrunched his face, giving you a weird look. "That literally made no sense whatsoever. The Shining would make a lot more sense going by your logic."

"Shut up, you smartass. I count that as a Christmas movie, so we're so watching it."

"It had like one Christmas scene." he argued.

"And it's the best Christmas scene in history of movies." He groaned and leaned back into the couch, pulling you back with him. You body curled up against his as the movie starts. Despite his complaining, he was surprisingly really into the movie. He even knew some of the more iconic lines like 'You go Glenn Coco'. It was still early when Mean Girls was finished, so you two did ended up watching The Shining. The movie itself was scary, but there were some parts that were disturbing. For those scenes, Namjoon made sure to pull you closer to him. It was just his excuse to hold you tighter.

"Remind me to never go to Colorado." you told him after the movie was completed. "And if I'm ever in Colorado, you'll know I'm not there on my own free will."

"Alright, treasure. And if you do travel, it'll be with me though. So you don't have to worry about anything. I'll protect you." He leaned in to kiss you, and you felt his smile. It made you giggle. When he backed away, his eyes widened. "It's snowing outside!" he exclaim.

"Yes, it does that in the winter." you said, laughing at how cute he's being.

"But it's the first snow of the season, don't you know what that means?" You shook your head. His grin appeared and he suddenly grabbed your hand. Then he was running for the door, your hand still in his.

"Where are we going?" you asked.

"You'll see." he answered without looking back. He helped you put on your shoes, he was really impatient. Once you got them on, he held your hand and ran again. He quickly pushed the front door open and took you down to the front of the steps. Little puff of snows were falling. They soon decorated both your heads. Namjoon looked up at the sky in awe. His nose and ears were turning red because of the coldness. The smile that came after was beautiful, more beautiful than any scenes.

"Did you want to play in the snow?" you asked. You held out your hand for little flakes to fall on. They melted instantly, then the process begins again.

"They say that if you stand under the first snow of the season with someone, you'll be with them forever." he answered. It made you blush and your heart swell up with happiness. Normally, he's a very logical guy, but it's cute to see him believing in things like this.

"You want forever with me?"

"I wouldn't have it any other way." he answered. "Oh, I forgot one thing though."

"What is it?"

"I have to kiss you." he answered with a straight face.

"Okay, now you're just making this up."

He rolled his eyes and pulled you close to him with one hand, the other supported your neck as he pulled you up. His lips were cold, but it didn't take long for the kiss to get heated. You could felt the desire in his touch. The warmth of his breath, the love for you in his blood. They were all yours. Life has given you joy in the shape of Kim Namjoon, and you were never letting that go.

"I love you, Namjoon." you said. It seemed that he stopped breathing. His eyes were unmoving and so was the rest of him. But then he pulled you violently in for a hug. His shoulders were shaking. "Are you crying?"

"No, there's just snow in my eyes." he answered. "But I'm so happy that you said that. I love you. I think I might explode. Or that could just be the hypothermia I'm experiencing right now."

"You're so dramatic. C'mon, let's go back inside." You held his hand and led him back inside the building. The whole time, Namjoon was looking at your intertwined hands with a shy smile. Everything was falling into places for the two of you.