Chapter 13 - Music Saved Me

Sunshine blinded me, even through close eyelids. Then more warmth spread through me as I realized where I was. I was in the same hotel room as Kellin, and the same bed. The best part of it all was being in his arms. Resting my head deeper into his shirt, I counted each breath. After a while, this got boring, but I wouldn't dare to disturb this moment. Finally, I had my moment with Kellin. A smile found it's way to my lips as many sweet, lovey dovey songs came to mind.

I don't wanna look back, cause I know that we have something the past could never change...

And now I'm stuck in the moment, and my heart is open.

(Lyrics from the song 4 Real by Avril Lavigne )

It was only once the thoughts had entranced me that the snoring came to an end. I froze, hoping I wasn't singing without knowing. I tended to do that, surprisingly.

"Brooke?" The morning voice that I always missed so dearly, was now right behind me. I shifted to face Kellin, and we both looked happier than ever. Even happier than the day we met.

"I'm still here," I teased. In full honesty, this time I never planned on running. Never, no matter what.

"Woah, what a surprise!" Kellin went along. I ran a hand through my hair, trying to manage it a bit.

"I hope it slowly becomes something normal!" I jumped up after saying that, and Kellin followed slowly.

"Energetic, much?" He chuckled. I just nodded my head shortly, and unzipped my bag.

"What are you doing today?" I risked everything. But I needed a restart. I needed Kellin.

"Really, just rehearsing some of our songs for a concert. We still need one other band..." Only one thing came to mind and it was a crazy idea.

"Love Scars?" It came out a question. The way Kellin's eyes widened was hilarious, and cute.

"I mean.....Aren't you busy?" Excitement was obvious. I smiled, shaking my head. He squealed like a school girl and hugged me.

"Thank you!" My only response was laughter. I already began to plan out two songs, then realized I needed to actually know how many songs I needed.

"How many songs do we need to perform?" I asked as I grabbed a cold bottle of water, and leaned against the bathroom counter. Kellin came to my side, silently thinking.

"Well, this is for charity. We are only doing two, so you guys should perform two also!" He seemed happy enough with himself, and I threw away the now empty plastic bottle. I may or may not be a little dehydrated.

"Got any requests?" I finally questioned. Shock settled when Kellin nodded.

"Usually outcasts listen to us and lean to our music when in hard times. I think they need some upbeat songs, and need a new band. And that new band is Love Scars." I was confused. Yeah, I wrote some depressing songs, but which songs could help them that were upbeat?

"So, which songs...?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Advice. And, for the hell of it, Ugly." I just smiled at these fun choices. Advice was a great song to listen to when down.

"So, who else is performing?" By now, I had plopped back down on the bed.

"Blood On The Dance Floor, Black Veil Brides, and possibly, Damaged Rose." Harmony. She might be there?!

"Is this the only one?" I kept my cool. Not to mention, I was doing an excellent job.

"Actually, tomorrow we need unreleased songs or newer versions of our songs. Even covers of someone else's songs. But only one song," He warned.