Chapter 15 - The Perfection For The Taking

• Dedicated to To My Fand. You Are My Lovelies, Always Be Strong. <3

The last three weeks were simple, perfection at its best. I had been performing and so had Kellin, we were going strong, and Harmony was doing well after being put on suicide watch. She honestly didn't believe so many people had cared. But so many do, and it made her so much more..........herself. She no longer cut, she no longer seemed depressed, she was better. I on the other hand, was tackling a lot. Ever since I discussed with Kellin about the crash, about Katie was rough, sending me through relapses of well........cutting. I didn't dare cause another scar to gather, nor did I do everything in my power to eat barely anything. Like I used to. Also, my self-hate lowered. Everything was taking the turn for the best. Stringing away from my thoughts, I shifted in bed. It was barely 9:00 P.M, early, yet I felt weak. Ignoring Kellin wasn't on purpose but............The public still believed in him and Katelynn. Which meant only in the private could I claim Kellin as mine. Katelynn agreed her recent hook up was blooming into something true, and said she demanded a public announcement of a break. Management was forcing us to put it all on hold for another day or two. With another sigh of frustration, I twisted around under my blankets. In the end, I gave up and tossed off the covers. Who needs them? Not me. One hour later I was still tossing and turning in displeasure, so many memories of this week replaying in my head. But I was shocked to find one memory. From before the crash, before the drama. When Kellin and I went off to California....

A bored expression was plastered onto Kellin's face as he typed away at his laptop. I was scrolling through random tweets on my iPhone, not minding the strange feeling I got right now. Having free time felt wrong, I dare say.

"This is bullshit!" Kellin finally yelled, throwing a few candy wrappers around.

"The boredom?" I yawned. He nodded curtly, facing the bright screen with his eyes burning to find some sort of entertainment. But this desire wouldn't be helpful. Today was a lazy day, also a useless day.

"Wanna do something crazy?" The devilish smirk warned me, but I agreed. I mean, You Only Live Once, right?

"Like...?" Sighing, we both stood reluctantly. If this didn't appeal to me, I was going to take a nap.

"We get the whole band to get together and pull a prank on management? For giving us such a boring day off? AND NOT GIVING US ENTERTAINMENT!!"  As he yelled, I grinned in amusement.

"Hm, oh really now? Because if you were really bored, you would get off your lazy ass........." My eyebrow rose as I awaited for a response. Kellin was flushed, not expecting me to come up with such a response.

"Fine. Think of something." This statement brought one memory back, only one. The board walk. We never went to one before.

"The boardwalk!" I seemed satisfied with the answer. Because he got up, and motioned for me to get ready, all this and he managed a grin. 

"A bunch of roller coasters, cheap carnival games, and greasy food?" He chuckled. I shook my head violently.

"No, memories." This won him over. We both got ready, me in a simple, light, cotton Aztec Print sundress with a Levi vest. I wore brown sandals and Chanel sunglasses. My hair had a hair band shoving it back as the rest overlapped the restrained strands. A loose, silver bracelet clung to my wrist. It had a nearly see through gem, which had a blue shade to it, and a silver coin of some sort with the Libra sign engraved on it. Kellin had a plain, black v-neck, with some faded blue jeans that weren't as baggy as usual. He wore his hair simply combed out, and some black Toms to comfort his feet. He also had a random pair of sunglasses to shield his eyes. Sunset was about two hours away.

"Ready, my dear?" Kellin teased. I gave a simply response with the movement of my head. Kellin paid for the wristbands and we walked around the wooden boards.