Chapter 16 - My Favorite Hello, Her Hardest Goodbye

Kellin's P.O.V

The next morning, I woke up and heard someone downstairs.

Katelynn.

She came back with Copeland, but still hates me. Not just hate, but something much worst. Despise. Maybe more, if I could accomplish thinking of such large words. Only one solution could clear everything up, clear my relationship with Brooke up, clear my feud with Katelynn up. Sighing, I hopped out of bed.

"Better get this over with......." I grumbled. I had loved Katelynn. But that was once upon a time, not anymore. After pulling a new shirt on, I was down the stairs. Katelynn's face was shocked.

"What do you want, Kellin?" She hissed. The venom on her voice pained me. What happened to at least trying to be friends?

"I'm done." Defeat. I have admitted defeat.

"I was done so long ago, Kellin......" She used so much strain to fight her tears. This was my fault, I went and cheated on her. And now she deserved so much more.

"You deserve better, Katelynn. Staying married isn't helping. I mean, now you know I have cheated. So.............I guess this is goodbye." Tears still threatened me. How could they not? I had something with this beautiful woman, I got married to her, I had a child with her.

"So we get divorced? So you can stay with Brooklynn and I can keep Copeland? How did we end up like this, Kellin!?" Katelynn's words stabbed me.

The scene with Brooke, in the hospital.

That was why. It reminded me of that. As I fought off the memory, my brain forced me to relive it the conversation.

"Brooke......."

"How did we get here?"

"Answering that is admitting defeat..."

This time around, it wasn't fragile, defeated Brooke asking me about our relationship. It was the strong, the daring and willing Katelynn. Who just happened to be standing sturdy.

"Look, we both know what happened. I know what you did, you know what I did! Anyways, before these two came into the picture, we were becoming distant! Don't you see? We refused to give love to one another and found others who gave us their hearts..........And in the making........we just so happened to fall out of this love and gain a new one. I have no reason to hold onto this." I sneered. Katelynn was taking back, but didn't back down. Her eyes softened, her body wasn't as tense.

"I guess you have a point......." The venom had vanished from her tone.

"So........we...........we just have to." We had no choice. We both were already dating someone else, and this whole mariage is a wreck.

"When do you want to fill out the paper work?" Her voice was emotionless. But in her eyes, you saw the tears that threatened. I gave a weak smile, and gave her a hug. Shock and surprise filled me when she didn't reject it, but returned it.

"Tomorrow?" She mumbled into my shoulder. I slowly pulled away and looked at her. Tears slowly stained her cheeks, and I realized mine were the same.

"Tomorrow?" I croaked. She nodded. I closed my eyes, taking a breath, then opened them and also nodded.

"Who gets Copeland..?" I already knew who needed her. Sadness washed over me, and Katelynn's face.

"You, you get her Katelynn. I can visit her every once and a while......But you? You have become to close to the little angel. I don't mind..." Surprisingly, it didn't. Katelynn deserved Copeland. I could definitely manage seeing her from time to time. Katelynn nodded.

"Erm, I guess I will go over to Josh's for tonight......." That was who she cheated on me with. She had started this, and I had ended it. As she walk upstairs to start to pack an overnight bag, I broke down. I sat on the couch. head in hands, my body shaking from silent sobs.

Katelynn's P.O.V (Didn't see that one coming?! Huh? ;D)

The minute I shut the door, I sank to the carpet, crying. I swore I heard Kellin let a sob go when I had disappeared up here, but how could anyone blame us? We were once the happiest couple possible. We had been best friends. And honestly, we both believed it would last forever. So much for that. Maybe it was my fault? I had cheated first. Months after meeting Josh, I felt sparks. And Kellin's lips didn't taste the same, I started pushing him away. Obviously, Kellin meeting a girl like Brooke was by fate. I didn't hate her. I never hated her. She was the one person to prove that Kellin and I just weren't working out.

Get it together, you need to pack.

That little voice in my head had to remind me. Shaking, I stood up with the support of the wall. It was a blur, the packing. i just shoved things into the bag. Tears still flowed from time to time and I was sniffling, but besides that? I was facing reality. This was supposed to happen. Even the band members told me about Kellin and Brooke. I had to admit, if they went public, I might secretly support them. They'd pushed through it all. And I mean that, from fights, to fighting for their lives. From pushing each other away, to begging in the rain. I was never that way with Kellin................just to prove how much more they were meant to be.

"You packed?" Kellin's voice was hoarse and husky. Maybe this was hurting us both with remembering what we were once. Key word there, being once.

"Uh, yeah!" I called back. I fixed my makeup and you could barely tell I had been crying. As I walked out, Kellin managed the same trick.

"You need a ride?" My words were twisting in my stomach and my head was the only part of my body able to give a response. Several awkward moments later, we were sitting in the car, Kellin driving m to Josh's. Copeland was with my mom.

"I'm sorry," He broke the silence. More tears threatened but I knew better.

"This was fate, don't be sorry," I cooed. Comfort. We both seeked it, why decline it?

"I loved you, I swear I did at one time......" He was choking on his words, and my heart shattered a bit more.

"We both were kids........young and reckless. One day we will be old and wise because of this," I chuckled. Maybe, possibly, I'd miss these easy conversations with Kellin. The atmosphere remained depressing at the goodbye we now faced, in Josh's driveway.

"I'll miss you. Even if I hate you, I love you at the same time. But we just don't belong anymore. It's for the best." I spoke as I stared into his eyes, and gave his hand a squeeze of reassurance.

"I know. We can keep in touch, I guess we have to for Copeland. But I refuse to push you away completely......Just so you know." His smile was so weak and seemed forced.

"Goodbye Kellin, see you tomorrow." Realization only pounded in my head some more. The divorce. The love. The hate. Most of all.........the absence.

"Bye, and I am still sorry we had to end like..........like this." He breathed out. He released my hand, and I climbed out. Hush by Automatic Loveletter, it was the only song to jump out at me.

You color my eyes red.........your love not's live it's dead........

Hush, this is where it ends....

EHLLO LOVELIES. :) I know, short as FRIG. But hey, the next few chapters? They are very long. (: Now, I realized my plans for this story have changed enough where it will be way longer than I thought xD SO, DON'T WORRY. THE END ISN'T SO CLOSE ANYMORE XD Okay, comment/vote/fan and spread the word of this story, please c: It makes me update a lot more, as selfish as it seems. BUT THANKS TO EVERYONE SINGLE PERSON WHO HAS READ, COMMENTED, AND FANNED. And if you read this story and stay silent, still, thank you for the 6,000 reads.<33<33<33