Chapter 22 - Her Beautiful Goodbye

A/N: Gah I promised a logn chapter but this one is so flacking short. Eh. BUT YEAH. :) Sadly, I figured out how many chapters to go, so I should tell you all so you can count down and get ready for a rocky ending. 7 chapters, only 6 if you exclude the most emotional one yet, the epiclogue. I actually cried writing this, because I think of Harmony as my friend Gloria. And at that moment.......I felt like Brooke. It just tore me apart. And I love the song on the side. SO LISTEN TO IT. This chapter was based off of it. Because it was brooke's feelings..... :c Now, ENJOY <3

I was now sitting in my car, collecting myself. How would I break such rough, heartless, sharp news to Harmony? I only had a few hours. I needed to get this over with. Silently, and quickly, I began the path up to her front door. I guess she had seen me, because she was there, waiting for me.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" She hissed angrily as she stormed towards me.

I sighed. "Can we talk inside?" 

She huffed angrily, and reluctantly trailed into her living room, right behind me. For the longest time, no one spoke as we sat awkwardly on the leather couch. I decided to break this silence.

"Look, I'm sorry." I lied. I guess I should feel sorry, but I had to leave, and I couldn't feel guilty.

"Bullshit. We both know you don't feel any guilt." Looks like she caught my lie.........I relaxed a bit, now no longer having to lie.

"I need to leave. Okay? Him not remembering will kill me in the end."

"What happens when the memories haunt you?" The blandness hurt.

"What do you mean?" I was foolish. I knew exactly what she meant and knew that would happen. But I still couldn't face an answer of my own.

"I stood by Chance till the end. I am haunted by the memories, but I never gave up on him. And when he left, it hurt, but I was haunted by the good times. If you give up on Kellin now, you'll only know the harsh times." Tears welled up in my eyes as everything flooded back. But as I remembered my plan, maybe this all didn't matter.

"That's all I have ever known. It's nothing new.." I grumbled. She looked pained, as if she knew something I didn't.

"Kellin was the best thing to happen to you. And you're saying you don't care if you're left with bad memories?! Why the hell would you think that?" More and more blood poured imaginarily. Stab after stab..I let the silence settle to let her know what I was planning. And she looked disgusted.

"YOU CAN'T!" She wailed unexpectable, launching a hug at me. I finally let tears flow and felt burned. I was doing what I wore I'd never do again, hurt Harmony.

"Harmony........." My throat wasn't allowing me to talk.

"Not over him! Stay! Stay for me!" She cried. I looked into her watery eyes. No, I can't make this all harder than what it is.

"Harmony, I..........I just have to go. I won't do what you think I am going to do..." We felt forbidden to say the word. Suicide.

"Keep in touch?" She sniffled. I clamped my eyes shut, breathing unevenly. Why?

"I'll try," I finally responded. My eyes stayed shut. This can all go away if I stay like this long enough.

"Then.......................is this it? It can't be." It took a few moments for me to even begin to answer that. She was my best friend, the one I leaned to. We had been through everything. We shared.........scars. Literally.

"Goodbye, Harmony." I breathed out, letting the words get caught into the wind.

"No! It.........." I could already predict what she would see.

Moments passed of composure and she continued. "Not Goodbye. Goodbye means forever. Let's make this...............until next time...." Fix You. I'm leaving someone I can't replace, two, maybe more. And I had been loving someone for so long, and it all went to waste.

"Until next time, Harmony," I gave a weak, sad smile in her way. We stood at the same time, in tears, engulfed with sadness and fear.

"Until next time, Brooke," She croaked, opening the door for me. We looked at each other one last time. The very last time. I smiled through the waterfalls on my cheek. She did the same as she slowly shut the door. My heart shatter and torn, I forced myself to turn away, to walk away. As I got in the car, I was practically hyper-ventilating. I was alone. I could now say my heart held a long list of goodbyes. Right as I pulled out, now able to see, I took a glance to see my best friend in the window of her house. And I wished she could hear what I said next.

"I'm sorry Harmony. It's goodbye. I'm not coming back, and I'm not keeping in touch," I sobbed as no more tears drowned me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat on the plane now, awaiting for this to be over with. I breathed in Michigan air one last time, I guess I'd miss this place. A lot. To ease my anxiety, I simply pulle dout my iPod and played some Fray. I wished this wasn't the first song, but Life After You came on.

There's no life after him, is there?

I pushed out my thoughts as we took off, and I simply smiled. Well, a ghost of a smile was on my lips. It sent a thrill through me usually, but I felt empty at this point. All I could possibly have wanted was to be stopped from getting on the plane. For Kellin to get his memories back. For my life to go back to it's foolish fairytale. I lay back in the coach seat, resting my eyes. Music blared off anything that could trigger emotion. The last thing I could process before I fell asleep was a single thought. A long one, but one I expected.

Goodbye Michigan. Goodbye Ember and Gracie and the band, Goodbye Black Veil Brides. Goodbye Sleeping With Sirens. Goodbye Justin, Gabe,and the others. Goodbye Harmony......................and the most painful one, Goodbye Kellin..........