Chapter 27 - Angels To Fly...

MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING. THERE IS MENTION AND DESCRIPTION OF SELF HARM AND SUICIDE IN THIS CHAPTER. IT IS VERY GRAPHIC. PLEASE, READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION. 

Brooke's P.O.V

It was so simple. So easy. So effective. Thoughts were bland as I made my way to the park, needle and bottle in hand. I could feel myself already dying. I suddenly stopped, hearing a small noise. I got closer and let the melody of Ed Sheeran waver my plan.

"They say, she's in the Class A Team, stuck in her daydream. Been this way since eighteen, but lately, her face seems, slowly sinking, wasting, crumbling like pastries. The worst things in life come free to us. And we're all, under the upper hand. She'd go mad for a couple grams........"

I walked off, the song still reverting off the walls of my empty head. For the ninth time that night, I ran hand through my hair. No longer were these memories just Kellin and I. They were everything.

I sat in the old, broken down bus. It smelt of sulfur and mud, and I could barely breathe. My iPod blasted Fire by Sleeping With Sirens. It was the first time in a month I had listened to Kellin's voice. It calmed me. I was riding out to the middle of no where on this crappy bus, and it broke down. Right now me and four other passengers sat here, waiting for them to fix it. I was in Kansas at the time, so the moisture in the air made sweat bead down my neck.

An old, rotting bench awaited me. I sat down. I had to look a wreck, make up smeared everywhere, a terribly wrinkled and rough outfit. Another memory sounded similiar to this....

Me in the hospital. Waiting for Kellin to pull through. I exhaled loudly. Ready to sing one last note.

"For angels to fly..." My voice was raw and ready to waste away, but to tell the truth, it soothed me. So I continued to softly sing along to the song as I prepped everything and endured memory after thought.

The woman had light, brown hair. It was put in a tight bun, showing nearly gray hairs. She had on a tight, black business skirt with a white blouse. Her blouse was tucked into the skirt. She had on plain black, flats. Thin-framed glasses stood on her nose, and she had somewhat golden eyes. They seemed dull. Her daughter was a true beauty though. She had chocolate brown hair that went down to her mid-back. It had a pure, natural wave. As of right now, the right side of her face was laced with hair as the other side has a tight braid that was pinned back. Her eyes really were a light , brilliant golden shade. She came up to my hip, and I was only 5'5". She had the perfect tan, unlike her mother, who had very light toned skin. Her body was already perfect for her age. She had just enough thickness and thinness in all the right parts. She was adorable. The little girl was wearing a cotton dress that was pink and white plaid. She had a small, short white jacket on, the sleeve barely going over her shoulder. it stopped right under where her breasts would be. She had on simple flat, white shoes. They had a strap across the top of her foot, and small, pink flowers covered that strap. Her gentle face was softened in her sleep.

I was now halfway through the first chorus. I poked the needle into the bottle, beginning to have it soak up the burning liquid, the liquid to end me.

"Hey Harmony! I miss you lots! The bus broke down, but oh well. It is Friday the 13th so....Yeah. Anywhore, how's life?!" My voice cut through the silence. Nobody took interest, so I stood up and walked a bit deeper into the wheat field.

"I seriously miss my best friend.." My voice was weak. It was slightly cracked from neglect of any water.

"You know, I have ignored Kellin for a month now. I still don't feel better. I still feel sickened. You are the only person I keep contact with...Don't fail me, okay? Alright. I miss Skyping you, and hearing you fangirl for Asking Alexandria and Black Veil Brides. But, I miss singing with you. Has it been very stormy out there? I just have way to many questions..."