Chapter 20 - Laughing While We're Crying

A/N: EHLLOO! Please, love me after this :c NO HATE. I KNOW, THIS IS HORRIBLE. But it is long :D FOR THE 10 THOUSAND FRIGGIN REAADS!!!! I hope to also update tomorrow, so yeah. Listen to the song on the side, it is just beautiful. AND THE QUOTE. Because that is true for Brooke towards the end. Alright, enjoy. <33 I would also like to credit GloriaSaviahBVB for the first poem that Brooke wrote in her flashback. The other two are mine c:

Kellin's P.O.V

I sat in the white van with the band, on my way to my Bacherlor's party. The girls were heading for the club and us guys planned on hanging out in the basement of Gabe's house, which was a man's paradise. I wished I could really get into the thought, but Brooke was ignoring me. And I can tell you why. I'm stupid, I cheated. It's funny. Shouldn't Brooke have taken the warning? She saw me willingly cheat on Katelyn, why didn't she run as fast as she could before we became so.........close? Well, whatever she does, she might be making a stupid choice tonight. That hurts. Even if I know it ahead of time, it'll be a stab when it comes and happens.

"Ready?" Gabe cheered. I put on my best smile, knowing that Brooke shouldn't be in my head. But this is for our wedding, what if she cancels?

"You seem out of it...." Justin narrowed his eyes at me, trying to reach me from some faraway land.

"Don't worry, man," I responded. Lying through my teeth. When will I learn to be a better man? I awaited for us to pull up to the driveway, but we didn't. My heart skipped too many beats. My ears rang. My eyes blurred. We were zooming down a street and another car was swerving at us. In that very moment, I knew Brooke's thoughts. I wanted her to get revenge, to kill me. To tear me down. Because I let her feel this way, watching headlights sentence your death. I heard screams and brakes screeching until it happened.

Metal against metal. Airbags popping out. My head slamming against the seat. Us rolling in the car, hearing shrieks from everywhere. And the blood. Blood streamed from us and I simply blacked out, so I thought. I closed my eyes, pleading for the pain to fade. And everything made sense.

Why Brooklyn's last thought was to fight death. Because she had someone who meant everything to her, and she didn't want to die mad at them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brooklyn's P.O.V

I woke up in the morning, blurred memories of last night flashing my vision. A killer headache pounded against my skull and I moaned as I rolled off my bed, bringing down a heap of blankets atop me.

"Oww," I grumbled, fumbling many minutes before I had the chance to stand up. The blood pumped through my body excitedly. I got light-headed in an instant and had to rest against my bed.

"Ember?" I called out. Wow, even talking was a pain. I droned out my thoughts, needing to focus on getting pain-killers and water. But before this, I needed to learn how to work my legs again. Uh, yeah. Worst. Hangover. Ever. Once my legs functioned right, I strutted awkwardly to my door. But all pride drained when my best friends busted open my door. Ember's face was void of color, emotion. Gracie's was similar.

"Guys..?" I forced out a single word. Why did they look like this? Or more realistic, what happened?

"The guys..." Gracie's voice croaked. The pain and intensity scared me. I darted my blue eyes between the two girls.

"Who?" No. It wasn't them.

"Kellin and the guys....they........" She couldn't finish. Ember's monotone replaced her's.