Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1

Hailey sighed as she walked down the stairs from her bedroom to the living room messing her hair before yawning.

"Good morning sleepyhead" her father chuckled as he watched his daughter plop down on the couch beside him.

"Morning" she waved lazily as she rested her head back onto the couch and closed her eyes still feeling sleepy.

"When did you come back home yesterday?" Her dad asked as he opened the book he was reading again.

"I came back around 4 am" Hailey sighed getting up and walking over to the water bottle sitting on the coffee table in front of her father and took a huge gulp before putting it back down.

"You shouldn't stay out late baby" her father scolded her not even looking up at her his eyes still glued to the book in his hand.

"I don't have a choice dad and you know that. I can't just tell my patients that I can't be there to help them because my dad said so" Hailey whined sitting back down as her head started hurting after so little sleep.

"I know but it's also not very healthy for you going to work early and coming back late" he sighed and looked at her.

"It's only today dad" Hailey sighed getting up again and started walking out of the living room and up the stairs.

"When will you be back?" He asked looking up worriedly after Hailey as she walked out.

"Around 10 pm why?" She yelled already at the top of the stairs.

"Nothing" he said relived as he continued reading his book.

Hailey shook her head as she picked out her clothes. Her father have been acting weirdly for the past couple of months. It scared her because it wasn't the first time. They lost most of their money because of her father using it to buy drugs. Hailey never saw him actually taking drugs but she saw how painful it was when he started getting conscious again.

She sighed picking some dark blue jeans and a white t-shirt not in the mood of choosing anything better.

She walked out of the door and to her car but as she was about to open the door she got that feeling that she was watched. She looked around seeing nobody so she just opened the door and got in.

She started the car before she started driving towards the hospital where she works at.

"Good morning doctor" a nurse immediately ran to her as she walked in with at least four files in his arms.

"Good morning Hoshi" she smiled at him as he passed her the files. "When's their due?" She asked looking down at them.

"A week doc." Hoshi said and started pulling her to the side looking around to check that no one was listing in on the them.

"What is it?" Hailey asked confused and also looked around trying to spot something suspicious only seeing a couple of female nurses gossiping over the new doctor that she still hasn't met yet. 

"Have you seen the new doctor yet?" Hoshi asked looking at her with an excited expression on.

"No not yet. Why?" Hailey asked looking at him weirdly as he scoffed and looked a little disappointed.

"Everybody's been talking about him saying he's very handsome and very good at what he does" he explained why he's already very famous and why everyone's excited to meet him.

"Okay I get that the girls want to meet him because he's handsome, but why do you want to meet him?" Hailey asked looking at him puzzled.

"I thought maybe he'll agree to help me learn a little bit more since no one here agreed to" he said causing Hailey to make the 'I'm so done with you' face before walking away leaving him there dazed for a second before running after her yelling a "wait for me".