Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 18

Hailey (Sabrina's) POV:

I sighed as I watched Kris and Flora talked in the kitchen as they ate lunch. I really loved the fact that Kris was opening up to the idea that he know had a daughter but he was still a dangerous man. I still didn't know what happened to his wife but I was too scared to ask.

"Why did you leave daddy?" I snapped back to reality as the question left Flora's lips making me feel nervous. I looked at Kris as his featues turned from soft to sharp and he lost his smile "I had work" He said plainly turning away from her as he picked up his plate and walked over to me and handed it to me since I stood beside the sink ready to clean their plates.

He walked out of the kitchen without another word but he seemed angry at something. "Did I say something wwong?" Flora turned her attention to me as I continued to stare behind him. "No babygirl you didn't say anything wrong" I smiled at her before turning around to the sink and started cleaning Kris's plate.

"Did you really have to react this way?" I asked walking into the living room where Kris and Tao were sitting. I glared at him as he looked up from his phone and looked at me with his usual smirk and a raised eyebrow making me want to punch. "How did you expect me to react to a question like this?" He asked putting away his phone. "I don't know maybe not walk out on her" I said sarcastically rolling my eyes.

Kris stood up so fast I almost missed the look that crossed his eyes for a second. Tao also stood up but with a flick Kris's fingers he was dissmissed and he had no say in it, he gave me a sad look as he walked out of the living room closing the door behind him so Flora wouldn't hear us.

"Why are you like this? Just because I'm a mafia leader doesn't mean I'm not human and can't get hurt" He said angrily taking a step forward but I held my ground and didn't give him the satisfaction of me flinching away from him because I was done being scared.

"I never said that" I said back shaking my head at his childish behavior. "But you thought it for the past five years" He said taking a coupld more steps towards me but this time I took a step back not liking the closeness. "What did I do wrong for you to run away?" He asked as his anger slowly turned into sadness.

"Because you're a liar" I muttered looking down feeling a pang of pain go through my heart as I recalled the memory of how I found out from other people and not him. "What are you talking about?" He asked puzzled. "You're married" I said looking up at him angrily. "So?" He asked like it was nothing making me feel anger more than I already felt if that was even possible.

"Shouldn't I have known that I was just another fuck to you?" I asked sarcastically. "You weren't just another fuck to me" He muttered sitting down. "Oh yeah then why did you run into her arms the second she stepped a foot in China?" I asked crossing my arms. "Because her father has just died at the time and we were friends no more" He shrugged.

"Don't make me laugh Kris. You literally killed my father but whatever" I waved him off and started leaving the room. "Stop right there and don't move an inch" He demanded in a very scary voice making me stop dead in my tracks and my eyes widned this being the very first time he ever used that tone on my even when I was his prisinor.

"You can't just run away from all of your problems Hailey"He said angrily and walked over to me turning me around harshly so I would be facing him. "Yes I can"I said pushing him away from me. "Will you stop for just a second and act like a normal human and think logically" He said almost shouting before he pushed me back making me colide with the door.

"I'm thinking as a mother" I said glaring up at him "SO YOU THINK TAKING MY DAUGHTER AWAY FROM ME IS LOGICAL?" He shouted punching the wall beside my head making me flinch. "OF COURSE BECAUSE YOU'RE NOTHING BUT DANGER TO HER" I shouted back trying to push him away but was unsuccesful.