Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 10

Hailey couldn't believe herself, she gave up so easily and actually let the man she hated most see her so vulnerable.

She hugged her arms tightly around herself as sobs rocked her body. She's been crying for the past hour, she was just sitting there on the floor sobbing.

When she finally gained more control over herself she stood up and walked over to her bed sitting down on it taking in deep breathes to calm herself down.

She heard a knock on the door that got replaced while she was just staring at the wall making her look up. "C-come in" She said with a shaky voice. The door opened to show Joy walk in.

Joy ran over to Hailey and sat down beside her placinga hand over her shoulder "I know it's a stupid question but are you okay?" Joy asked. Hailey looked up at Joy only for a second before she shook her had 'no' then leaned her head on Joy's shoulder as more sobs left her lips.

~one month later~

It's been a whole month since the incident happened and Hailey never left here room once too scared to see Kris and her only way of communication with the outside world or the world outsie her room but inside the house was Joy who was the only one aloud to go into the said girl's room to bring her food and take her laudry or bring it back after washing it.

Hailey was very scared of the reality she was living at the moment. She hated that she was so weak and that she's fully broken now. She hated that she was the cause of someon else's pain.

Marcus never left her brain for a second but the thing she was angry at the most were her feelings. Her heart didn't beat as fast as it used to do at the mention or thought of Marcus. She didn't blush the second his face appeared in her mind. She didn't sweat when his name was mentioned in front of her. She was so scared that she actually was starting to lose feelings for Marcus but she wouldn't allow herself to. She kept telling herself that she still loved him just as much as before, she was just acting like that because they must've put some type of drug in the food.

She was trying to convince herself that this was all Kris's fault and that the minute she's out of his claws everything will be back to normal.

Sam visited everyday after hearing that Hailey had a melt down. Nobody really knows what happened that day except for Hailey and Kris but all of them knew that something must've happened for them to act like that.

Hailey cried herself to sleep but she always tried to stay quite but she wasn't at all and the whole house could hear her cry but the only diffrence between her cries a month ago and and now was that she stopped calling out for Marcus and stopped asking about him like she lost hope that she'll ever see him or hear from him ever again.

Kris went back to his old self from the next day and was as cold as ever except to his brothers. He was asked a hundred times about what happend in the room but he never uttered one word other than "None of your buissnes" and would storm off angrily and he even had the same reaction when Sam asked him.

Kris was unsure of a lot of things now especially of the way he looks at Hailey. He hasn't seen her since that day but he felt like he should go check up on her but he was too scared that he'd cause her a melt down and he seriously wasn't feeling like dealing with a cry baby.

But the change in Hailey didn't go unoticed by him or his brothers, Hailey's crying became less and less everyday until a week ago when she completely stopped like as if she accepted her fate and just went with flow and started accepting reality.

On the day that hit a month exactly since Hailey was kidnapped and her father's death day Hailey finally left the room wearing fully black clothes with no makeup or accessories except for the star Kris gave her on her first day with the mafia.