Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 8

Hailey sat on the couch in the living room rubbing her hands together feeling nervous even though she didn't want to feel anything towards the woman she believed ruined her life but she couldn't help it. She was almost shaking and her eyes kept wondering towards the painting glaring down at her. Her mother looked as beautiful as ever and Hailey could see that she resembled her mother more than her father.

Irene and Jisoo sat side by side on the other couch and watched the other girl fidget with her hands nervously. When the bell went off Hailey jumped to deep in her thoughts that she didn't hear a car pull up outside or the running footsteps.

Kris walked out of his office and down the stairs and on his way to the door he stole a glance of the living room to see Hailey looking wide eyed as she took in a deep breath. He opened the door to see the woman he saw as a mother with tear filled eyes looking back at him. She pulled him in for a quick hug too excited to see her daughter after so many years.

"Where's she?" She asked after pulling away and looked up at Kris desperately. "She's in the living room" Kris chuckled at her. She tried to walk past him and to the living room only to be stopped by Kris holding her upper arm "I'm warning you Sam she's not what you expected" He said before letting her go and walked before her to the living room leaving her standing there her thoughts going in all directions.

She walked slowly towards the living room to see a full crowd of faces she already knew except one a face that almost looked like hers except the nose and lips.

Hailey stood up when Kris walked in but he didn't say a word and only walked to the other side of the room. Footsteps caught Hailey's attention and her head snapped towards the door to see her mother walk through it searching the faces of every single person in the room.

Hailey froze when her mother's eyes caught hers. One gaze held tears while the other held nothing. "Hailey" Sam said taking small steps closer to Hailey and when she was close to her she threw herself on her daughter and hugged her so tight she swore she cut off Hailey's breathing.

Hailey let her mother hug but she didn't hug back and just stood there waiting for her to pull away. "My baby you're all grown up" Sam said pulling away with tears streaming down her face. "Samantha" Hailey nodded shocking her mother when she didn't call her 'mom'.

"We'll leave you guys alone" Suho said pulling Mark out of the room followed by the rest of the guys and their families except for Kris who just stood there and watched the scene unfold in front of him. He walked closer to the two woman in front of him one stood there with tears streaming down her face a second ago from happiness but now they were sad, and the other with an emotionless face on trying not to show her true emotions.

"Is that what I am to you now?" Sam asked taking a step back feeling heartbroken. "Yes you're just a stranger after all you didn't spend your life raising me did you?" Hailey said sitting back down on the couch feeling her nerves calm down and anger taking over but she knew she couldn't just attack her cause there's at least 100 bodyguards in the house and she's sure her mother was heavily protected.

"I didn't bu-" Hailey didn't let her mother finish her sentence. "Exactly. The only reason I wanted to see you was to ask you some questions" Hailey said. Sam was okay with this if she gets to see and talk to her daughter even if like they were strangers she was okay with that. Sam sat down on the couch facing Hailey who had a stone face on and she was almost glaring at her. Samantha knew that this was gonna happen deep down in her heart but her mind kept denying the truth and she imagined that her daughter would throw herself on her but that all was just a dream now.

"Ask whatever you want" She nodded taking in a deep breath and accepted the tissue she was offered by Kris the kid she saw as a son and told him about her daughter that was sitting in front of her right now the daughter that hated her for falling in love but she knew that when her daughter falls in love she'll understand and maybe just maybe she'll forgive her.