UCLA

*Kaydence's POV*

Kaydence Wilkes. That's my name. My adoptive parents wanted me to have something that came from my old parents. I haven't found them yet. Not sure if I want to either. I mean I want to know who they are but not sure if I would want to meet them though. I have this weird feeling sometimes that something is missing but I never can figure it out.

I was knocked out of my thoughts by one of the flight attendants saying we were landing. Thank god. I'm ready to be off this plane. We put our seat belts off and waited for the plain to land. Once it did I got up from my seat, got my things and got off the plain. The air was warm and the sun was beating down on the pavement. I made my way inside the busy airport. I found my luggage and went to get an Uber to UCLA. I have to meet with the head person there to get my classes and everything and meet the coach. I'm starting late to the year so I wasn't here for orientation or anything.

Once I made it to the school I found my way to the office that I was supposed to go to. I met with the person in charge and then I met the coach. He was a guy. He was really nice. "So are you related to Kris Wilkes?" he asked as he handed me a basketball.
"No?" I shook my head. Someone here with my last name?? "Oh he's a ball player too, really good one. He's on the boys team. You two will have to meet," the coach told me. I nodded and started making shots. We talked for awhile and we both just messed around until it was time for the boys to practice. "Kris!!" the coach called and a taller boy came jogging over. "This is Kaydence," the coach introduced us.
"Kade," I nodded. I don't know what happened but something felt right with him. Something clicked and I felt.... like the missing piece was gone? "Kris," he smiled at me
"You two look alike," coach laughed, "You sure you not related??"
"I don't know," Kris shook his head, "What's your last name I can ask my mama?"
"Wilkes," I nodded.
"Me too!" he looked at me, "Where are you from??"
"I was born in Indiana somewhere I think but I grew up in Boston," I nodded.
"I'm from Indianapolis," he shrugged, "Hmm. I'll have to ask about you sometime. I'll keep in touch!" he smiled then had to go.

I got my dorm and first thing I did was start to look at birth records of people in Indianapolis. I needed to know now... I found someone. Nikki... Nikki and Greg Wilkes. They had twins... A boy and a girl... Kristofer Aaron Wilkes... and... Kaydence Ashanti Wilkes....