Baby Steps

*Kaydence's POV*

I checked my phone. Damn. 15 miss calls from Kris, 13 calls from Jaylen. Lots of texts from them both. I heard a knock at the door and I didn't even want to get up to answer it. Till I saw a message pop up on my phone.

Jaylen- It's just me, let me in. Kris isn't with me. I promise.

I got up and opened the door, he wasn't lying. It was just him. I let him in and he shut the door behind him. He pulled me into a hug right away. I hugged back tight and closed my eyes. "You're okay," he whispered to me. I nodded and just kept my eyes closed. "You tried. I know you did, Kris knows you did. It was too much for you right now and I'm sure Kris will understand that alright?"
"Okay," I told him. He started to gently rock us side to side. "Did you guys win?" I changed the subject.
"Yeah mama we did," he told me. I smiled up at him, finally opening my eyes. "I'm proud of you," I told him.
"Thank you," he chuckled, pecking a small kiss on my nose, "I'm starving girl what you got for me to eat?" We both laughed and I pulled away from our hug. I took him to the kitchen and we found something to make. He told me about the game as I made us some food. My phone was going off, seeing I took it off do not disturb cause I thought he was done. "You need to talk to him okay?" Jaylen held my phone out to me, "He's your brother." I sighed and took the phone from him. I answered it right before it was about to end. "Yeah?" I sighed.
"I'm so, so, so, sorry," he told me. That took me off guard. I thought he was going to be mad about it. "I should've listened to you and asked if you wanted this too. I thought you were ready, you seemed okay but Bea told me you weren't," he sighed, "I'm sorry Kade."
"It's okay," I told him, "Just not ready to see them yet. You don't understand."
"I don't and I'm sorry I don't. I wish I did know so I knew how to help you," he told me.
"It's okay. It's my battle," I told him.
"No it's our battle," he told me, "You're my sister and we will get through it. Baby steps next time I promise."
"Thank you," I smiled small.
"You got it," he told me. We said our goodbyes and then I finished making Jaylen and I's food.

"I told you," Jaylen chuckled, as he started to eat, "He wasn't going to be mad."
"I see," I laughed, eating as well. We talked about other stuff for a little while until Kris texted Jaylen asking where he was. "Don't want him getting suspicious," Jaylen chuckled. I nodded and gave him a hug goodbye then he left. Damn I love him... Wait what did I just say?!