First Day

*Kaydence's POV*

"What's your number girl?" Jaylen asked me. I took his phone and texted myself off his phone. "There you go," I winked at him. Jaylen was at the door, paying for the Chinese food we ordered. I saved his number and Bea looked at me giggling. "What?" I smiled at her.
"You two would be cute," she whispered, so Kris wouldn't hear. I shook my head at her and smiled bigger. "Shhh," I laughed. Kris came back and we all got our food and started to eat. "So you're a basketball player too?" Jaylen asked.
"Yeah I am," I nodded and ate my food.
"We should play sometime," he chuckled, "So I can beat you."
"Shut up," I laughed, "I'll win. I'm pretty good."
"If you're anything like Kris you're trash!" he joked. Kris slapped the back of his head laughing. "You know you cant guard me!" Kris told Jaylen. They both just laughed. I shook my head and smiled at them. I like being with them. Its so fun. It's so different from what I'm used to.

I went home later that night and I got a text from Jaylen right away.

Jaylen- You like Italian?
Me- Yeah I do.
Jaylen- There's a really good Italian place down the road. You should let me take you.
Me- like a date?
Jaylen- Maybe.
Me- When?
Jaylen- Saturday at 5?
Me- I'm there.
Jaylen- I'll pick you up at 4:30
Me- I'll be ready.

I smiled and put my phone away. Jaylen was really cool. He was kind of what I look for in a guy. He was funny, goofy, hella cute. He was just... great in general. We shared a lot of the same interests which is so cool. I went to bed that night with a big smile, something I haven't one in awhile.

Today was my first day of classes and it went really good. Then I had practice. My first practice. I was really nervous. I was introduced by the coach and everyone was actually really nice and welcoming. Then we started practice. It went a lot better than expected. Then it was break. I sat on the bleachers and drank my water. A girl sat down next to me. I think her name was Cleo. "Hey," she smiled at me.
"Hey," I smiled back.
"I'm Cleo," she told me, "you're really good."
"Thank you!" I smiled at her, "You are too."
"Thanks," she smiled. We talked for a little bit during the break and I think I made a new friend. She was really cool and seemed super genuine. Then we finished practice and then it was the boys turned. I smiled and waved at Kris. "You know Kris?" one of the girls asked.
"That's my brother," I told her.
"What?" she gasped a little bit.
"Yeah we are twins," I laughed.
"You're lying, he never has mentioned a twin," someone else chimed in. The girl looked at her and then me again and laughed. "Pathetic," she told me, "Her and Kris are good friends and if he's never mentioned a twin to her then you must not be. Trying to fit in doesn't mean lying. Liers get nowhere," she scoffed at me and those two walked away talking to each other. I shook my head and Cleo walked up to me. "You okay?" she asked.
"Yeah," I shook my head and looked at her.
"Want to go get some dinner?" she asked.
"I'd like that," I smiled at her.

A/N- Guysss it's my birthday tomorrow and I'll be 17! I also got another tattoo yesterday, it's my third. It's a jellyfish that wraps around my thigh.