Twins

*Kris's POV*

I felt weird around that girl Kade. It oddly wasn't a bad weird though. It felt almost right. But it isn't something I've felt before. It felt like what I was missing then when she left the gym again it was like it was gone...

I got back from practice and sat on the couch. I got on my phone right away and called my mom. It rang a few times and then she answered. "Hey what's up?" she asked.
"Do you know who Kaydence Wilkes is??" I asked, "She lives in Boston?" She got silent. "Mom??" I asked. She let out a small sigh. "Mom what aren't you telling me?"
"How do you know her?" she asked.
"She's at UCLA," I shrugged, "She has the same last name, from the same place. We look alike."
"Kris, honey, I don't think this is a good time to talk about this," she told me.
"Why??" I was getting frustrated. I just wanted to know who she was. Why she made me feel that way. "Kris," she let out, "Another day."
"Mom-" I was cut off.
"I have to go. I love you," she hung up.

"What was that about?" Jaylen asked, sitting next to me.
"That new girl in the gym," I shook my head, "She got my last name. Coach said we looked alike but why haven't I ever met her? And ma wont tell me anything, she is keeping it to herself and I don't know why."
"Ask your dad maybe he will tell you what she wont," Jaylen told me, "But no lie that new chick was kinda hot."
"Shut up," I shook my head. I dont know why I got so defensive about her.... I decided to call my dad, like Jaylen said, see if he could tell me what my mom not.

It took a few rings for him to answer. "Hey son, hows it going??" he asked.
"Good. Dad?" I asked.
"What's wrong?" his demeanor changed.
"Who is Kaydence Wilkes?" I asked.
"Oh," he coughed a little, "See um. I don't . You should talk to your mother about this."
"I did, she said 'it wasn't the time'," I told him.
"Oh," he told me.
"Why isn't it the time. What are you guys not telling me?" I groaned.
"See," he started but stop, "It's complicated. Did Kaydence tell you anything?"
"No. She was born in Indiana but lived in Boston since she can remember," I told him. He let out a sigh of relief. "Listen," he told me, "Don't tell your mother I told you this but.... Well we had two kids at the time. Then your mother was pregnant with you... and with another. We didn't have the money for it, we tried. We tried until you two were about a year and a half then she went up for adoption... We didn't want you two to know..."
"Why?? What?!" I sighed, "I had a twin!? I was missing out on another sibling? One who was like me?! I been feeling empty because you two couldn't be parents?!" I was getting so mad. I shook my head and stood up off the couch. I scratched my head and before my dad could say anymore I cut him off. "You've said enough. I love you," I hung the phone up and looked at Jaylen. "That's my sister... my twin sister..."